Human Resources Assistant
|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Montgomery, Alabama, United States|
|Posted:||Tuesday, October 30, 2018|
401K, Health, Vision, Dental!
Established more than 60 years ago, Convergent is one of America’s largest business process outsourcing, receivables management and outsourcing companies, with twelve operating centers across four time zones.
We are currently seeking ambitious, self-motivated, driven TEAM MEMBERS for a challenging, intense and ever-evolving career in the collections arena. This an opportunity to join an established team; immediately benefiting from the wealth of collective experience from our team while being supported by a strong and savvy, management team.
The Human Resources Assistant (HRA) will be responsible for providing administrative support for the department, assisting with the employee relations, hiring, orientations and training and entering of a high volume of employment records into our HR database.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Employee Files via HRIS or Paper file
- Add New Hires to HRIS System
- Maintain/update HRIS as needed
- Receives, scans, and saves employee documents to appropriate file
- Inputs review dates in HRIS
- Update information: change of address, dept. changes, terminations, promotions, etc.
- Reset passwords as needed
- Give access/terminate access to systems if needed
- Keep track of all Requests in HRIS and Payroll system
- Represents the Company in a professional manner by following the Company’s standard policies and procedures
- Greets and assists employees with HR-related questions
- Answers calls for the HR Department
- Processes paperwork of terminated employees and prepares separation paperwork
- Is knowledgeable about our employee handbook
- Maintains all forms for the HR department and satellite offices as assigned
- Prepare employee badges and process replacement requests
- Assists in planning, coordinating and executing employee appreciation and fundraising events
- Process onboarding documentation for all new hires; generation of employee ID numbers, work assignments, entitlement policies, job titles, etc.
- Assist with new hire orientations and all related paperwork including maintaining supply of handbooks and new hire packets; update originals as necessary; setup materials in training room
- Obtains identification and completes I-9s through E-Verify
- Responds to the state’s requests for unemployment information
- Assist in responding to employment verifications
- Mails, faxes and shreds confidential documents/records/reports
- Follows Information Security Policy to ensure all information remains strictly confidential
- Assist with terminations
- Assist with Corrective Action Plan Discussion
- Support social and employment engagement initiatives
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college required and/or 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- 1 year experience in an office environment, HR department experience a plus
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with HRIS Systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience with Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Capable of interfacing professionally with employees to answer questions and provide information
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility.
- Required to use desktop computer including mouse to open, close programs and keyboard with accuracy.
- Occasionally move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasional moving about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.
Click Here to Apply Now