Senior System Administrator
|Company:||CallFire||Location:||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Posted:||Friday, July 7, 2017|
CallFire's voice and text marketing platform is revolutionizing how businesses communicate. We are passionate dreamers who believe that technology can make a meaningful difference to an organization's success. Located in the heart of Santa Monica, we've created a unique workspace that the Los Angeles Business Journal has named one of the Top 100 places to work in LA - for the last three years running. Come find out why. We are now seeking a Director of UX in our Santa Monica office.
<span "text-decoration: underline">Senior System Administrator
An Sr. System Administrator at CallFire is responsible for the underlying software and hardware that powers CallFire�s applications.
Infrastructure at CallFire comprises the following:
Cloud infrastructure services
System and network security
Infrastructure software services (name services, authentication services, machine provisioning, load balancing, etc.)
The Sr. System Administrator has the following general responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and maintain CallFire�s computing infrastructure.
- Design and develop software tools to support CallFire�s infrastructure.
- Diagnose infrastructure faults (including performance issues) and write postmortems which include what failed and how the failure can be prevented.
- Provide advice and guidance on infrastructure-related matters to other teams.
An ideal Sr. System Administrator will have the following technical skills:
- A solid understanding of Linux system administration.
- A solid understanding of scalable system design patterns (including being able to identify.. performance, reliability, and security issues with a design)
- Experience supporting bare-metal server, network, and storage infrastructure.
- Experience with Dell PowerEdge servers and Juniper networking equipment preferred.
- Experience integrating and supporting cloud-based infrastructure.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management.
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform and SaltStack preferred.
- Knowledge of common infrastructure programming environments.
- Shell (Bash) and Python preferred.
- Work alongside other team members with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
- Balance the infrastructure-related needs of other teams, while working toward the completion of strategic infrastructure projects.
- Leverage your skills and experience to �fill in the blanks� for requests that are incomplete, contradictory, or ambiguous.
- Communicate with other team members�verbally and in writing�about the work that you do, the thinking behind your decisions, and any caveats that others may encounter.
- Develop and champion infrastructure initiatives that increase performance, reliability, maintainability, or otherwise makes our lives better.
- Mentor and advise junior engineers
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation + 5 Personal Days
- Unlimited sick leave
- Amazing culture and coworkers
- Many other perks to help with work life balance.
Click Here to Apply Now