Build the core of Telnyx’s global backbone.
Telnyx is proud to boast a network that provides service to tens of thousands of business users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Telnyx’s complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
The team's mission is to drive connectivity innovation and democratize communications access around the globe.
In This Role You Will
- Deploy and support our global production and corporate network including edge, backbone and data center infrastructure.
- Work cross-functionally with project management, network engineering to generate implementation plans.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance (Remote and/or on-site) during deployment activities in our data centers and POPs.
- Calculate and document equipment power/space requirements and consumption for multiple PoP sites. Work with Colocation Vendors, local Engineering, Facilities Operations, to meet these requirements.
- Perform fault isolation and trouble resolution on network hardware, software, and circuits.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance including repairs, upgrades, and migrations.
- Maintain asset database for installed network gear and work with Logistics on vendor RMAs.
- Maintain technical and training documentation, develop automation and tooling as needed.
- Participate in on call activities and follow escalation process to support the infrastructure 24/7.
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes improvement.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP, and VRRP in a dual-stack IPv4/6 environment.
- Experience coordinating and executing hardware installation and configuration.
- Working knowledge of fiber-optic communications technology.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise and carrier class routing, switching, and optical transport platforms.
- Knowledge of data center design and operational best practices.
- Experience with Linux OS/networking.
- Experience analyzing situations and utilizing problem solving experiences under pressure.
- Proven experience leading and executing network deployment projects.
- Experience working with limited supervision.
- Experience interacting with vendors and external parties to drive projects to completion.
- Time and project management experience.
- Scripting experience with Python or Perl.
- Network certifications such as CCNP or JNCIP.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunnelling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.