|Company:||Upstream Works||Location:||Vaughan, Ontario, Canada|
|Posted:||Monday, September 13, 2021|
Upstream eliminates the causes of headaches for customers and businesses by deploying products and services for corporate and enterprise contact centers. We help solve tough problems by optimizing business operations and providing unmatched capabilities for software system integrations. And, we are proud to say we can do this in the fastest time in the industry, successfully supporting our clients that include Fortune Global 500 companies and contact centers with thousands of agents.
Upstream is looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineering Manager to take point on managing a team of engineers. We look for managers who are still extremely technical and can develop excellence in: service design discussions, software architecture, coding critical parts of the system, cross-team contract conversations, mentoring, and growing the team. You will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and operating production quality services that are foundational to the success of the company.
The opportunity to do it with intensity but without the burndown charts or limited runway of a conventional start-up is what makes joining our team unique. You will be empowered to invent and innovate and be given clear ownership of engineering problems and solutions in a technology-led environment.
Our solid foundation, ambitious vision, and experienced leadership team give us the means to quickly but uncompromisingly create experiences that will transform an entire industry.
- Build and operate secure, reliable, performant, cost-effective production systems that are critical to core business operations.
- Mentor, nurture, and grow your team.
- Actively review code, provide technical mentorship for other engineers, and keep the quality of code high.
- Work with business and product teams to develop right-sized solutions in a timely fashion.
- Improve development, test, release, and support processes.
- Deeply understand how your systems behave and use that understanding to continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Continually improve the quality of your team’s work and development practices across the full development lifecycle.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- 2+ years of experience leading a small to medium-sized team
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud-based business solutions
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and quality engineering principles
- Familiar with current database and development trends and processes
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Passionate about and engaged in the user experience and business outcomes
- Relentless about bringing maximum efficiency and stability to a code base and application
- We are mostly using .NET, so your experience in this area is definitely an asset
We’ve been building Upstream Works steadily for the past 20 years, and we are moving full speed ahead.
Upstream Works has been built on a solid foundation of truly invested leadership. We’ve formed great business partnerships and lasting friendships; together, this creates a culture of family and fun. Why is our culture so important to us? Because work and life intersect and we believe it’s important to be happy and healthy in both! And we’re not going to sugarcoat it – sometimes we work long hours. But we also work hard to make sure you get downtime. And when we take time to have some fun as a company, we share that time with the families that support us day to day. We are a group of modest, dedicated, hard-working, close-knit people who enjoy Christmas parties, family & friend picnics... oh, and axe throwing; sometimes we put dangerous weapons in the hands of our employees, and no one gets hurt!
And because we are lean, everyone has the opportunity to make decisions, affect changes and see results right away. You can directly drive the success of the company. Of course, we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
Upstream Works values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.