Sales Engineering Technician (Recent Grads Welcome to Apply)
|Company:||Upstream Works||Location:||Vaughan, Ontario, Canada|
|Posted:||Thursday, October 17, 2019|
Job Title: Sales Engineering Technician (Recent Grads Welcome to Apply)
Free pop and coffee, company sponsored movies and events, easy going atmosphere, casual dress code, birthday cake, pizza day, after work Quake tournaments.... Now that we have your attention, let us tell you more about Upstream Works and why you REALLY want to work here.
Upstream Works provides software technology for customer care in the rapidly changing social, mobile and multichannel world. We are in the midst of a major expansion, and are looking for a hot shot problem solver with software development skills who will be an important contributor to the success of Upstream Works.
Reporting to the VP of Solutions Engineering, you will play a key role in setting up technical sales and proof of concepts environments utilizing the latest collaboration technologies. The work is challenging and gives you ample opportunity to improve your communications, technical and analytical skills while introducing you to new leading edge technologies.
The successful candidate will be a full-time member of the solutions engineering team supporting our partner and sales team’s demonstration processes and environments. You will work with other technical resources in our partner distribution network and support them in troubleshooting issues in their environments.
The work environment is young, dynamic and entrepreneurial. We like to get things done, and have fun while we're doing it. The work involves all manner of new technologies – we go where the customers go. If you want to use your existing skills while develop a new set then this is the place to be.
What you'll do:
- Be a full time member of the Solutions Engineering team
- Perform remote install and configuration of Upstream Software Environment for Upstream and our Partner community.
- Provide configuration guidance to the Upstream partner community
- Provide remote first level technical support via phone and email for the Partner community
- Create and maintain demonstration applications with the Microsoft stack of Visual Studio C#, HTML5, JS, CSS, IIS, and MS/SQL.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management on current partner issues
- Occasionally provide afterhours support for Partners
- Some travel may be required for partner installations
- Assist with organizational IT tasks
What you'll need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize effectively and multitask proactively
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
- Hardware/Software experience with servers and desktops in a Windows environment
- Solid understanding of Windows (7/10 Professional), Windows Server (2003, 2008 and 2012), IIS, VMware, SQL and databases.
- As some of our customer’s data is governed by privacy laws, a security check may be required
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Diploma in Computer Science or IT Technology
- Knowledge of Cisco Contact Centre platforms.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. We are located at 7777 Weston Road at the intersection of Weston Road and Highway 7. The office is easily accessible by car or transit (both TTC and York Regional Transit). More information about Upstream Works is available at www.upstreamworks.com.
Click Here to Apply Now