|Posted:||Wednesday, June 16, 2021|
We are seeking a talented candidate to lead our Developer Relations practice in the Americas. This is an opportunity for you to recruit, inspire and enable Developers and Builders to solve problems for their end users by building apps and services that leverage the Telnyx platform. We are a developer obsessed team, working to relentlessly improve their experience and enable them to create amazing experiences for the customers they serve. This position requires a blend of strong technical skills coupled with content development, presentation, and customer-facing skills. This individual will have a passion for technology and sharing it with other inventors, creators, and app developers – both inside and outside the company.
Key responsibilities: This diverse role includes a variety of responsibilities, all focused on growing the Telnyx developer community. These include:
Strategy & Leadership
- Lead the development of a strategic vision and clear, measurable goals for developer relations in collaboration with product and cross-functional leads across the company
- Understand developer needs from research and develop insights to drive the developer relations strategy
- Take a data-driven approach in defining developer relations success metrics and prioritizing work so that progress can be clearly measured
- Collaborate closely with marketing and product to establish a “bottoms up” go-to-market motion to win developer mindshare & position Telnyx as the CPaaS platform of choice
- Grow and lead an effective developer relations team to execute the strategy
Education & Advocacy
- Author developer-focused content in collaboration with marketing which can include but is not limited to technical blogs, white papers, videos and podcasts.
- Educate developers about products through webinars, tutorials, and how to guides among other approaches.
- Orchestrate the company presence at events, including speaking, sponsoring and exhibiting at both large conferences and smaller scale events.
- Build technical demos in multiple languages
- Write and curate technical documentation that allow developers of different skills sets to leverage the power of our platform
- Identify and drive developer experience initiatives including documentation, sample code, SDKS and tools
- Engage with and activate the developer community across GitHub, Stack Overflow and other relevant channels
- Be an advocate for our developers by surfacing feedback and insights to appropriate teams
- Demonstrate a customer centric approach by being a champion for the developer experience
- Constantly engage with the Developer community to provide proof points that demonstrate Telnyx’s commitment to this space.
- Support the Telnyx developer community wherever they are -- on forums, on social media, at conferences, meetups, hackathons, etc.
- Participate and engage with developers on our external slack channels
- Organize and participate in meetups and hackathons for developers
- Solicit developer feedback on the product experience and collaborate with internal product stakeholders to constantly enhance developer experience on our platform
- Develop forums for developers to provide a voice into future product enhancements and roadmap
- Be an internal advocate for developers to fulfil the goal of delivering a robust self-serve experience for builders
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 8+ years of experience as a leader working in a developer relations, technology evangelism, product management or similar technical roles.
- 4+ years of experience with telecommunications, cloud computing services & infrastructure, application development platforms, and popular programming languages.
- Knowledge and experience with Developer Marketing, Audience Marketing, or similar expertise scaling programmatically.
- 3+ years of experience as an inclusive and driven people manager who cares deeply about enabling success for members of the team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. You have created and delivered engaging technical presentations and are comfortable with (and enjoy) public speaking.
- Established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications is preferred, as is a history of successful speaking engagements and industry influence.
- Proven history of creating impactful technical content for blogs, forums, social channels, etc. The desired candidate will be able to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively to different audiences.
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner with other functional teams and in International markets to achieve common goals.
Click Here to Apply Now