|Company:||Velocity||Location:|| United States|
|Posted:||Monday, July 12, 2021|
The Sr. Manager/Director of Field Service Operations position is an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded leader to continue to develop Velocity’s field operations strategy and model. Velocity’s objective is to transform its existing field service operations into an efficient and organized service division with scalable policies and to allow the company to grow as well as efficiently expand into new service market areas. The candidate must possess the ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced work environment of a successful and growing managed services company. Velocity is a national player in the Telecom/Networking/Data services industry and is well positioned for continued growth. This position is based at our corporate HQ in Holland, Ohio (Toledo metro area), and may require up to 20% travel. Will be Sr. Manager or Director based on experience/background.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team Development/Leadership: Will be required to develop, motivate, and sustain a high-performing technician and dispatch team. Will be called upon to formulate and develop field operations functional systems and processes within the team that can be scaled with growth.
- Accountability and Customer Service Focus: Establish market leading and best in class customer service practices and processes around efficiency, consistency, and customer experience. Review revenue and other KPI results relative to budget
- Process Management: Provides direction and insight that continually brings the right balance of process to efforts but continues to be nimble and innovates and adapts. Creates nimbleness that is responsive to change, market dynamics, client needs.
- Best Practice Implementation: Design, optimize, and implement the Field Service Department with new processes, structure and procedures planning for future growth
- Internal Relationships: Will work very closely with Operations/Account Leadership in setting planful strategies around flawless executions and priorities to meet objectives. Will work closely with the vertical peers and key members of the leadership team to identify potential business objectives, product offerings and customer service goals.
- Strategy: Provide leadership regarding strategic focus centering around customer experience, scalable growth models, cost efficiency, and geographic coverage. Participate in Strategic Planning sessions to provide input on future direction
- Innovation: Provide insightful, market impacting programs that differentiate Velocity. This is not a role to apply the past template, but is one to innovate, see around the corner, and launch initiatives which provide immediate and measurable impact to the business.
- Workforce planning: Assess and adjust manpower allocation for the day relative to customer demand and based on the sales cycle. Collaborate with HR on recruiting, training, retention programs. Review direct labor and material %'s to prior year and budget.
Required Education and Experience:
- 8+ Years of proven management experience; Field Service Operations, Manufacturing or closely related field highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent of combined education and experience
- Experience in a technical or mechanical work environment, particularly telecom/network operations/IT services
Preferred Experience and certification:
- Experience in the management and design of carrier / provider level services
- Strong Change Management abilities around structure, process, and scalability
- Coordinate tactical/technical training to promote technician/employee development
- Collaborate with Field Operations Management and Dispatch Management:
- Prioritize work orders based on pre-determined ranking, customer and financial criteria.
- Review technician performance and behavior to maximize customer service and operational efficiency.
Aside from working with a great team we offer some additional benefits:
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, fast! Available the first day of the month after hire.
- Generous Paid Time Off, enjoy over 2 and a half weeks in your first year.
- Company paid Holidays, including 1 floating holiday you pick when to use
- 401K with a 4% employer match that's 100% vested day 1
- Company sponsored Life Insurance and STD/LTD coverage
Click Here to Apply Now