JOIN US AND HEAR BEST PRACTICES
At the 2019 NEXT GENERATION Contact Center & Customer Engagement events - Click here to book now
Experienced Debt Collections Representative
|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Posted:||Thursday, September 13, 2018|
Full-time with Benefits package available
including 401K, Health, Vision, Dental and more!
Established more than 60 years ago, Convergent is one of America’s largest business process outsourcing, receivables management and outsourcing companies, with twelve operating centers across four time zones.
We are currently seeking ambitious, self-motivated, driven TEAM MEMBERS for a challenging, intense and ever-evolving career in the collections arena. This an opportunity to join an established team; immediately benefiting from the wealth of collective experience from our team while being supported by a strong and savvy, management team.
Collectors are responsible for calling 200-400 people a day, as well as accepting incoming calls regarding past due accounts and securing payments.
- Call debtors to secure payments on past due accounts
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with Company Policies as well as local, state and federal collections laws and regulations
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- 2+ years of 1st and/or 3rd Party Debt Collection Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of FDCPA
- Type at least 35WPM
- Professional phone etiquette
- Solid negotiating skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Ability to problem solve
- Maintain confidentiality
- Remain in a stationary position 95% of the time
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- Must be able to exchange accurate information over the phone and in person
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.
Convergent Outsourcing, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Any employment offers are contingent upon successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and/or Drug Screen.
Click Here to Apply Now