This Posting Has Closed
|Company:||Upstream Works||Location:||Vaughan, Ontario, Canada|
|Posted:||Friday, October 9, 2020||Closing:||Friday, October 23, 2020|
Upstream Works Software develops state of the art contact center software that allows our customers to provide excellent service in a fast-changing digital world. Our award-winning agent desktop provides agents with a set of tools that allows them to handle customer requests in any media, backed up by a system that integrates the business systems they use into a seamless workflow.
We are looking for a product manager to join our team and help us to deliver our ground breaking products. In that role, you will bring creativity, communication skills, curiosity and most of all, a passion for delivering high quality product offerings.
An important aspect of the position is managing partner the incorporation of components supplied by third parties into the product.
You will work with development teams by supplying well-crafted requirements that capture the motivation for the product features as well as the user stories. During the development cycle you will function as an advisor and decision maker as you guide stories to completion.
Our product manager brings domain knowledge in enterprise software for the contact center industry to ensure the best possible experience for customers of the product.
The product manager must at all times maintain a strong hands-on knowledge of product features and behaviours.
The product manager is part of the Products Team and reports to the SVP Product and Development.
- Have a strong hands-on knowledge of the product suite allowing you to make informed decisions
- Perform market research to identify product gaps and opportunities
- Perform competitive analysis in order to help keep our products relevant and make sure we are addressing industry trends
- Assist Marketing understanding product features and capabilities so that they can develop material that positions us ahead of our competitors
- Manage productization of white-labelled products supplied by other vendors
- Manage partnership programs with technology partners
- Manage documentation of partner-provided features
- Make presentations to partners and customers presenting the product roadmap and new features
- Work constantly to communicate product knowledge to other members of the Upstream Works community
- Craft product requirements that are plainly written and provide clear explanation of the user stories and expected outcomes.
- Ensure that stories are always unambiguously related to the business needs and drivers they support
- Work actively with development team members to coach, answer questions, clarify issues and resolve questions that arise during development
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering Manager to guide teams towards completion of epics and stories
- Review and groom the product backlog to ensure that stories are well defined and planned ahead in a timely fashion
- Meet with stakeholders and customers to ensure that the product is delivering features and functionality that address critical business needs
- Participate in planning sessions to align the backlog with the strategic roadmap.
- Maintain and manage processes to identify and track product enhancement requests in a transparent fashion
- Assist Product Documentation Team
- Contribute your creativity and enthusiasm to continually improve our product and our brand.
- 5 years or more in the software industry
- 3 years or more experience as a product manager or product owner.
- Expertise in contact center space or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge in enterprise systems
- Sound knowledge of software development processes.
- Ability to work well with technical resources
- Excellent verbal communication skills to work with teams and one on one.
- Ability to understand and reconcile competing requirements in order to arrive at innovative decisions
- Ability to create well-crafted user stories with supporting materials such as diagrams, wireframes and charts to illustrate concepts effectively
- Strong writing skills to ensure effective communication of user stories and use cases
- Strong organizational skills to manage backlog and release planning
- Flexibility in working with processes, including the ability to adapt and reinvent in order to overcome obstacles
- Good software skills to work with different tools
- Can do attitude
Nice to Have
Click Here to Apply Now