Check out The Most Innovative, Highly rated Contact Center World Events EVER!
...Thousands of past delegates agree! - BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY!
Best Contact Centers in the World 2017
all award winners!STARTS IN:
Network, Learn, benchmark in this unique best practice forum with the best practitioners in the World
...who run centers and take your center to new levels of performance, engage staff, improve service and more!
This Posting Has Closed
|Company:||Zendesk||Location:||Madison, Wisconsin, United States|
|Posted:||Friday, March 17, 2017||Closing:||Wednesday, June 7, 2017|
We are looking for an Advocate Manager (customer support manager) who thrives on developing and scaling a team of talented customer advocates (support agents) and team leads with a wide variety of backgrounds. You’re a great match if you possess fantastic leadership skills, are driven to help grow your team; positively impact our customer experience, and have the ability to dive deep into a innovative ever-changing product to learn it inside and out.
Being able to advocate for our advocates is the most important thing you’ll do - there are existing processes that are humming along nicely and others we’ll expect you to tear apart and come with fresh new ideas. That said, there are very few things that are off-limits and we’re always up to work through better ways to do things. We have an internal mantra to “not fear the banana” which, boiled down, means that if you’re fine maintaining the status quo this won’t be the role for you. A slightly impatient streak will serve you well, if you can wield it effectively.
- Recruit and lead a team of Team Leads and Customer Advocates. This role is a people-manager first and foremost.
- Demonstrate solid leadership skills. Being able to coach and develop all members to their full potential and driving career paths is imperative.
- Establish clear goals and expectations of all team members. Ensure a regular cadence of feedback, mentoring, and quality assurance to all members of the Product Support (Tier 1 support) team.
- Provide clarity of performance and status to the team, key stakeholders, and leadership team via consistently updated metrics and dashboards.
- Contribute to the development of new hire training as well as ongoing professional development for the Product Support team.
- Help shape and influence Zendesk’s growth and scalability by being proactive with recommendations to our Support processes to enable our team to deliver an industry leading customer experience.
- Analyze and trend customer satisfaction feedback to drive continuous improvement in our delivery capability. This will include thinking outside of the conventional support model to maintain our pace of innovative support offerings.
- Interface with a global leadership team and all levels of management for resolution of critical issues.
- Extensive experience leading a team of at least 15 support professionals including multiple Team Leads and their respective teams
- Empathy, compassion and a desire to ensure that our customers receive the proper Zendesk treatment and willingness to take steps to continuously improve it
- Ability to identify areas for improvement across the direct and global teams and plans for training/normalizing skills across the appropriate groups
- Demonstrated aptitude for hiring, interviewing, and building out a top notch team of customer support professionals and promoting the diversity of backgrounds that make our team great
- The ability to influence and advocate for the Product Support and overall Advocacy team with other departments including Product, Success, Sales, Engineering, and others
- Comfortable acting as a point of contact for other departments who may have questions about support process/policy, need assistance, have a need for non-standard support, etc.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, prioritize tasks effectively, and apply resources where they provide the greatest good
- Proven ability to drive and own conversations with senior leadership in support of the overall Zendesk Advocacy goals, which can means providing alternative solutions when necessary
- Expertise handling escalated issues and providing an assessment on our own performance when needed to drive quality and process improvements
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Click Here to Apply Now