|Posted:||Tuesday, November 16, 2021|
As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
As a member of the Technical Support Engineering team, you have a knack for problem-solving in a fast-paced environment—always ready to dig in, troubleshoot, and solve any technical matter that our customers may face.
In your first 30 days:
- You’ll train first on the basics of Dialpad’s products, key features, and company culture.
- You’ll then complete self-study activities that introduce best practices for advanced troubleshooting, and adopt best practices that will help you learn about the more technical details of how Dialpad’s products work.
- You’ll participate in team meetings and direct or virtual side-by-side training with teammates.
- You’ll become familiar with navigating our public and internal knowledge tools to find resources and best practices for various troubleshooting situations.
- You’ll begin helping investigate quality and performance issues on Dialpad-compatible devices and customer networks.
In your first 60 days:
- You’ll be responsible for assigning yourself work from the queue and assisting customers with their issues.
- You’ll receive performance feedback from your first 30 days and will work with your manager to identify what specific skills to focus your time developing for the next 30-day interval.
- You’ll file feedback requests and bug reports, and will partner with product engineers to address customer-reported issues.
- You’ll learn how to file tickets with our carrier partners and other third party vendors, and see them to completion.
- You’ll begin filing tickets with product engineers and carrier partners for issues requiring additional follow-up.
- You’ll begin training on outage handling best practices.
By 90 days:
- You’ll be responsible for proactively taking tickets from the queue and helping drive contacts to the appropriate resolution.
- You may occasionally troubleshoot escalations about Dialpad meetings.
- You’ll be able to meet our established service levels and productivity standards for ticket handling.
- You’ll be managing communications effectively with a variety of internal teams, including Product Support, Engineering, and Customer Success.
- You’ll manage carrier escalations and trouble tickets, deal with issues related to carrier interoperability, perform network assessments, and make test calls.
- You’ll start preparation to join the emergency on call rotation for the team.
- You’ll continue training on outage handling best practices and be available to provide support for any teammates who may be handling an outage.
- You’ll be part of innovating methods to drive positive change in telephony escalations, including: improving support effectiveness, identifying ways to improve troubleshooting workflows, providing feedback about the onboarding experience, and participating in discussions about maintaining high quality service as the customer base grows.
Who you are
Our team is for people who enjoy working as communicators and interpreters at the interface between customers and product engineers. You are someone who loves to understand technical problems, identify the right troubleshooting path, and then share the key lessons of the investigation with the customer. As a Technical Support Engineer, you love to gain and share technical knowledge to help customers and product engineers, and to make a positive impact beyond just handling tickets.
Click Here to Apply Now