Litigation Support Specialist
|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Renton, Washington, United States|
|Posted:||Thursday, August 30, 2018|
The Litigation Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the Director of Litigation & Risk Management through document and factual research.
- Conduct various document searches and factual research to support the defense of various litigation and regulatory
- Maintain Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.’s internal litigation database including but not limited to tracking of all: case information, clients, account information, settlement information, accruals, plaintiff and defense counsel, alleged violation type, and
- Create and preserve all legal case files stored on Convergent Outsourcing, ’s internal shared drive.
- Draft settlement agreements, requests for information and extensions, check requests, and various other legal documents as requested by
- Analyze and prepare reporting to illustrate risk and litigation trends for Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. in order to proactively reduce future risk and litigation
- Perform initial case investigations on all threats of litigation and filed cases as well as prepare case summaries for review by the Director of Litigation and Risk Management.
- Interact with various Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. departments and oversee the progress of litigation support, request information necessary for litigated matters, and fulfill requests from outside counsel and
- Review internal policies and procedures to ensure adherence to the requirements set forth by the Legal
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with Company Policies as well as local, state and federal collections laws and regulations
- Negotiate settlements with various plaintiff counsels and pro se’s nationwide in matters involving allegations of various consumer protection statutes including but not limited to FDCPA, TCPA,
- Manage outside counsel in the defense of lawsuits against the
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities and experience levels
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under strict time constraints a must
- Ability to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Typing 45 WPM
- Previous experience negotiating with plaintiffs counsels highly desired
Click Here to Apply Now