SQL Database Admin
This Posting Has Closed
|Posted:||Wednesday, June 13, 2018||Closing:||Monday, July 2, 2018|
Reporting directly into the Head of ICT Infrastructure Services you will maintain, improve and document Abtran's database estate and management processes so as to ensure that they support the business requirements from a performance, capacity, resiliency and security standpoint.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Has 7+ years of experience in database architecture, development, administration and support in Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Strong experience in DB Admin in MSSQL Server (2005, 2008, 2012, 2014)
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Strong experience in writing SQL and creating views, functions, and stored procedures that support transactional and analytics databases.
- Strong Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong Experience of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication, Patching.
- Strong Experience in index and statistical management, integrity validation, configuration, patching.
- Experience using SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs)
- Excellent investigative, problem solving and follow through skills
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to take the Lead and Ownership
- Excellent Written and Spoken English
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Degree or master's qualification in technology, IT or technical discipline
- ICT Technical Qualification such as MCTS or MCITP in SQL
- Experience of SQL database administration
- VMWare certified, Microsoft certified, ideally to Systems Engineer.
- Microsoft core technologies, virtualisation technologies, enterprise storage and backup technologies, clustering technologies.
- Experience of working with a technical team with particular strengths in project planning methodologies, presentation and technical documentation
Personal Attributes required:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Good Team Player
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Can work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Strong SQL performance related experience in VMWare ESX/ESXi clustered environments.
- Experience in SQL Cloud Technologies such as Azure SQL as a Service (PaaS) including migration of databases to cloud.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc)
This organisation has a strong ethos for employee progression, so if you are looking to develop your skills and your career then this is a great place to start. Coupled with your drive to excel and our Employee Development Program we will support and encourage you all the way.
Click Here to Apply Now