|Posted:||Thursday, March 25, 2021|
This position is global
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. Developer Advocates are a critical member of Telnyx, communicating with developers to ensure they are using Telnyx’s products and services to maximum effect in the service of their end-users’ needs.
You are a web developer. You understand the basics of the HTTP request and response cycle. You've written enough Python, PHP, Node, C# (.NET) or Java code to have opinions on the different web frameworks of a specific programming language, or even across multiple programming languages. You love to teach others. You understand that teaching sometimes requires much patience, but are driven by the immense satisfaction of seeing the light bulb go off in your students' heads. You are endlessly curious about and excited by technology. You know that there are usually smarter folks in the room and you're eager to learn from them.
In This Role You Will
- Act as a liaison and champion for the Telnyx developer community.
- Build feature rich, easy to follow examples and documentation highlighting Telnyx’s products and services.
- Work with various developer communities to build relationships via meetups, conferences, and other gatherings.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to create developer focused content, webinars, and blog posts.
- Provide implementation, design, and usage support including best practices for complex customer implementations.
- Provide guidance, technical expertise, and training to Telnyx team members for areas such as API usage/implementation, software development kit (SDK) utilization, and overall software implementation fundamentals.
- Provide prioritized feedback to product teams about the feature and functionality enhancement needs as well as feedback on the effectiveness of the API documentation.
- Contribute to both internal and external technical documentation to ensure API stakeholders have first in class documentation at their fingertips when interacting with the Telnyx API.
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have
- Passion for teaching and sharing new ideas and concepts.
- Deep knowledge of API technologies/techniques REST and/or other web services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT) or equivalent technical work experience.
- Experience in software development and concepts, including debugging (e.g. Python, Java, C#).
- Experience supporting products that rely on APIs and Web Services.
- Strong customer-focus, interpersonal and communication skills.
What We Value
- Previous experience in software Product Management or Technical Support, or Sales Engineering.
- Previous experience building out a product or proof of concept with CPaaS APIs.
- Experience with JSON, XML, and SOA/Integration technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols, networking, and telecommunication industry standards is helpful.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Click Here to Apply Now