Senior Database Specialist (SQL)
This Posting Has Closed
|Company:||Echo Managed Services||Location:||United Kingdom|
|Posted:||Thursday, September 12, 2019||Closing:||Friday, September 27, 2019|
IndiaClosing date September 27th 2019
Strategy and Planning
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and departmental managers.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for disaster recovery, data archiving and backups to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Design policies and procedures related to redundant databases.
- Acquisition and Deployment
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Operational Management
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Assist in planning and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement and maintain change control and testing procedures for modifications to databases.
- Create or support creation of required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
- Provide guidance to other members of the department.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Working experience on:
- Advantageous to have experience on: Redgate tools, Azure, Encryption & data masking
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Project management experience.
- Good understanding of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self- motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- To be able to think ahead, be proactive and grasp the bigger picture.
- To be able to lead by example, is credible visually and be able to motivate colleagues.
- Willingness to work some unsociable hours
Click Here to Apply Now