CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19) - FORCING YOU TO WORK FROM HOME?!
Watch our Video with some tips (view here)
Human Resources Manager
|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Renton, Washington, United States|
|Posted:||Friday, December 22, 2017|
The Human Resources Manager for Third Party manages the Human Resources staff and the daily operations of the Human Resources function for the Renton, Phoenix, Houston and New York offices. This includes employee relations, on-boarding, communication, performance management, HR files, job descriptions, management development training, legal compliance, policies and procedures development and enforcement, compensation and benefits administration, employee retention, recognition programs, management of the HRIS system and company events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages Human Resources department employees as assigned.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their employee-relation responsibilities.
- Communicates changes in Company employee policies and procedures and insures proper compliance is followed.
- Responsible for Company compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all employee matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures Company's compliance.
- Serves as EEO specialist for assigned locations and team.
- Prepares, recommends, and maintains records (HRIS) and procedures for controlling employee transactions and reporting employee data.
- Regularly reviews and makes recommendations to supervisor and management team for improvement of Company's policies, procedures, and practices on employee matters.
- Assists management team in the annual review and preparation of Company wage and salary program.
- Administers performance appraisal and salary review program throughout the year.
- Assists or administers classification programs, which includes classifying and reclassifying positions and writing job descriptions.
- Manages unemployment claims, including appeals.
- Works with Recruiting function to develop and assist in an effective recruitment program.
- Understands Company benefit programs and works with Benefits function to maintain quality benefits.
- Monitors leave of absence claims and coordinates with Leave Administrator.
- Coordinates employee recognition programs and company events.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Assists with payroll duties and provide advice on payroll issues.
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with Company Policies as well as local, state and federal collections laws and regulations
- Support social and employment engagement initiatives
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years HR management experience
- Experience in the Call Center and/or Collection industry a plus
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of employment law
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work with personnel from all levels
- An interest in people career development
- Tact, and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Able to travel (20%)
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility.
- Required to use desktop computer including mouse to open, close programs and keyboard with accuracy.
- Occasionally move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasional moving about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
Click Here to Apply Now