|Company:||Upstream Works||Location:||Vaughan, Ontario, Canada|
|Posted:||Monday, July 12, 2021|
Upstream eliminates the causes of headaches for customers and businesses by deploying products and services for corporate and enterprise contact centers. We help solve tough problems by optimizing business operations and providing unmatched capabilities for software system integrations. And, we are proud to say we can do this in the fastest time in the industry, successfully supporting our clients that include Fortune Global 500 companies and contact centers with thousands of agents.
Upstream is looking for a talented DevOps Manager to help us build out innovative new cloud-based software solutions from the ground up and re-architect current services that will power our end-to-end experience. You will work with other Architects, Developers, and business stakeholders throughout an agile software development life cycle, develop infrastructure for containerized code, and take advantage of the newest development approaches.
The opportunity to do it with intensity but without the burndown charts or limited runway of a conventional start-up is what makes joining our team unique. You will be empowered to invent and innovate and be given clear ownership of engineering problems and solutions in a technology-led environment.
Our solid foundation, ambitious vision, and experienced leadership team give us the means to quickly but uncompromisingly create experiences that will transform an entire industry.
- Create reproducible automated build and release pipelines supporting Continuous Delivery workflows.
- Manage AWS infrastructure with scalability, robustness, and security in mind. Later, you’ll do the same for Azure.
- Actively review code, provide technical mentorship for other engineers, and keep the quality of code high.
- Improve test environments and release process for on-premise installations.
- Establish monitoring of infrastructure and applications.
- Deeply understand how your systems behave and use that understanding to continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Continually improve the quality of your team’s work and development practices across the full development lifecycle.
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, Cloud Architect, or similar role.
- 3+ years of experience working with large scale cloud-based business solutions.
- 2+ years of experience leading a small team.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and quality engineering principles.
- Familiar with current database and development trends and processes.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about and engaged in the user experience and business outcomes.
- Relentless about bringing maximum efficiency and stability to a code base and application.
We’ve been building Upstream Works steadily for the past 20 years, and we are moving full speed ahead.
Upstream Works has been built on a solid foundation of truly invested leadership. We’ve formed great business partnerships and lasting friendships; together, this creates a culture of family and fun. Why is our culture so important to us? Because work and life intersect and we believe it’s important to be happy and healthy in both! And we’re not going to sugarcoat it – sometimes we work long hours. But we also work hard to make sure you get downtime. And when we take time to have some fun as a company, we share that time with the families that support us day to day. We are a group of modest, dedicated, hard-working, close-knit people who enjoy Christmas parties, family & friend picnics... oh, and axe throwing; sometimes we put dangerous weapons in the hands of our employees, and no one gets hurt!
And because we are lean, everyone has the opportunity to make decisions, affect changes and see results right away. You can directly drive the success of the company. Of course, we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
Upstream Works values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.