|Posted:||Monday, May 22, 2023|
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the team
Design at Dialpad is at the forefront of creating intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that transform the way the world works together. We strive to design high-quality end-to-end experiences while maintaining an inclusive and collaborative culture. To us, attitude, and will, are as important as hard design skills.
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer who will help elevate Dialpad’s overall look and feel and customer experience by helping build and mature our design system, Dialtone. This is a highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary role for a systems-minded designer who self-identifies as both a designer and front-end engineer. Ideal candidates will showcase both design and implementation expertise.
** All applications must have a portfolio attached or URL provided to be considered **
What you’ll do
- Design for Delight and Quality
You’ll oversee the design of high-quality styles, components, and patterns, and foster a sense of ownership from your team throughout the process. You will bring your experience in creating and maintaining style and component libraries in both design and code form. You're at home building out Figma components as well as authoring its HTML/CSS equivalent. Your front-end engineering experience can be characterized as “front of the front-end.”
- Leading By Design
Though Dialtone serves both designers and engineers, it all starts with the end user’s experience. You’ll have the opportunity to lead and heavily influence how Dialtone and the design system team mature to take on large, high-visibility initiatives, as well as how other designers and engineers contribute.
- Tooling and documentation
Lead the strategy and creation of resources, tools, and documentation to support Dialtone users — designers and engineers alike. Build up a growing prototyping practice by identifying design- and code-based skills and technologies to ship high-quality outcomes faster.
- Product Management
Manage Design System backlog, roadmap, priorities, scope, and tasking for design system features, documentation, and communication channels. Foster cross-functional relationships and evangelize design system adoption. You will also be providing design leadership and guidance to teams around using shared patterns and identifying opportunities to create new patterns and components within their workstreams.
- Doesn’t Have To Be Complex To Be Useful
Sometimes the most useful and delightful things are simple. We recognize design systems and the products they serve are naturally complex while at the same time trying to provide our users with intuitive and approachable experiences. You’ll be at the forefront unraveling and making sense of complex interactions with a bias for simplicity and elegance.
- Expanding Our Footprint
Dialtone has the unique challenge to support not only traditional Web, Android, and iOS interfaces, but desk phones and conference room hardware as well. This role will be integral in helping Dialtone expand its reach as we rethink the physical meeting space experience.
Skills you’ll bring
- 8+ years of related experience, 3+ years of design system experience and/or leading design projects.
- Proven understanding of how to build, architect, and evangelize design systems.
- Have a deep understanding of interaction design, heuristics, Gestalt principles, usability, and accessibility best practices.
- You have designed and documented styles, components, and patterns that enable other designers and developers to build features.
- Strong experience in managing style and component libraries (e.g. Figma, Sketch), and work hard to align its component API with their coded counterparts.
- Experience in git to manage source code, workflows, and reviewing pull requests.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as React or Vue, paired with a tool like Storybook.
- Strong opinions of and history in building inclusive, WCAG-compliant experiences.
- A strong and inspiring communicator that can work and drive influence across Product, Engineering, Design, and Marketing.
- A bias toward progress versus action: You are proactive in addressing problems before you or your team and don’t wait for others to start.
- You have a track record of thoughtful, impactful work you can show us.
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software is a plus.
Dialpad benefits and perks
Equity, balance, and belonging
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
Compensation and equity
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive rates in addition to stock options because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.
Click Here to Apply Now
I am checking out all the amazing and daily updated content on ContactCenterWorld.com and networking with professionals worldwide
Send To Friends Post On My Wall