Time to upgrade your membership
Take advantage of all the benefits of an executive membership - Click here to upgrade now
Certified Medical Coder (Healthcare) – Part-Time/ Remote Position
|Company:||Convergent||Location:||Boca Raton, Florida, United States|
|Posted:||Tuesday, November 28, 2017|
Convergent employs a dedicated team of expert healthcare attorneys and Account Specialists who navigate the entanglements of the legal system to increase reimbursement rates for our client hospitals all over the country. We apply our advanced technology to calculate anticipated payment for claims in states with complex fee schedules, allowing us to accurately identify and appeal underpaid or denied claims. Our main goal is to assist hospital systems to strengthen their financial and clinical performance. We are also a leading provider of denial management, Workers' Compensation claims resolution, and appeals solutions.
Convergent’s Boca Raton FL Insurance Department has openings for a remote Certified Medical Coder. This is an ideal opportunity for a healthcare professional looking for remote work as the successful candidate can work anywhere in the country and report to our Boca Raton, FL office.
Certified Medical Coders work a caseload of accounts and report directly to a Supervising Attorney or Supervisor. You will be responsible for reviewing and editing charges and medical records for accuracy of codes and modifier usage based on established billing guidelines and completeness of charges/diagnoses by specialties. You will provide pertinent feedback on reviews in which you disagree with a carrier’s denial of a claim based on the coding. You will also communicate coding changes and answer coding questions from staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all duties satisfactorily in a remote setting. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of HMOS, PPOs and other Managed Care Plans
- Knowledge and understanding of UB04 and EOBs/RAs
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with co-workers
- Required: Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) or AAPC Coder Certification
- Required: Two years of experience as a medical coder
- Required: High School graduate or equivalent is required.
- Preferred: Advanced ICD-10-CM coding preferred
- Preferred: College degree preferred.
Hiring is contingent upon successful background check and drug screening.
Compensation: negotiable based on experience
Click Here to Apply Now