Director, Workforce Optimization
|Company:||SEFCU||Location:||Albany, New York, United States|
|Posted:||Tuesday, March 6, 2018||Closing:||Monday, April 30, 2018|
|Employment Type:||Permanent, Full Time|
|Hours Per Week:||40|
Overview of the Role
The Director, Workforce Optimization contributes directly to the SEFCU Mission of Changing Lives Every Day by enabling our workforce to provide unmatched service and value to our members on a daily basis. This is accomplished through capacity planning and control, delivering the right work, to the right people, in the right place, at the right time. The position will develop short and long-term staffing forecasts based on an ever-changing operational model. Collaboration with cross-functional partners to understand and incorporate business initiatives into the forecast is imperative for success. The successful candidate will have a passion for operations and data to identify opportunities, and an eye for scaling processes and workflows. An ability to build relationships and versatility to switch between strategic thought leadership, and tactical, detailed work output is crucial.
Accountabilities and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Anticipate staffing needs for the entire organization including future skills and reallocation of resources as necessary to support the business direction.
- Develop, administer, and maintain forecasts and capacity plans at various levels, including volume, workload, and numerous other staffing elements. Forecasts will include long-range forecasts, short-term scheduling, and the ability to adapt those dynamically.
- Develop processes and metrics that drive business decisions regarding people resource needs. Specifically, develop a needs assessment process that informs the need for additional staff and/or capacity available for reallocation.
- Utilize data analytics to identify and tap into capacity, proactively providing opportunities for employees to participate in Circles.
- Collaborate closely with business leaders to understand short and long-range priorities and proactively anticipate staffing needs.
- Own, leverage and maintain the Workforce Management System acting as SEFCU’s subject matter expert.
- Manage payroll and over-time dollars, balancing the employee & member experience while minimizing associated costs.
- Track and report on resource allocation and staff productivity & performance, proactively presenting recommendations for improvements and changes as warranted.
- Analyze trends and provide input on improving metrics including service levels, adherence, forecast vs. actual variances, and call times.
- Develop and implement processes to communicate and fulfill real-time staffing needs and requests.
- Stay abreast of workforce strengths regarding knowledge, experience, competencies and personal attributes to leverage and optimize the potential of SEFCU talent. Collaborate with Employee Performance Leaders and Talent Acquisition on the movement and placement of candidates internally as relates to position success profiles.
- Employ innovative solutions and constructively challenge existing practices and ideas to maximize the employee and member experience. Present persuasive recommendations to key decision makers for changes or solutions that benefit SEFCU.
- Oversee and monitor day-to-day contact center and branch staffing schedules to ensure optimal coverage and efficiency. Monitor and analyze call patterns and foot traffic to make adjustments as needed in real-time for optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain industry knowledge and keep abreast of emerging financial services delivery channel and workforce optimization best practices.
Credentials, Experience and Skills
- 4+ years’ workforce management experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to articulate understanding of key workforce management concepts as related to demand forecasting, headcount capacity planning, scheduling, real time monitoring, skilling, call routing, and performance improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize quantitative data into easy to understand and actionable recommendations through a consultative mindset.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Work independently with efficient time management skills, adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with various Workforce Management software(s)
- Experience in a financial services environment preferred
- Your ability to be bonded is required
- Ability to gather/analyze data for use in developing test models
- A strong desire to analyze issues thoroughly and make solid recommendations
- Must be capable of drawing logical conclusions and proving information through presentation of data and have the ability to interpret an extensive variety of information in differing formats and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Click Here to Apply Now