Remote Litigation Support Specialist
|Posted:||Tuesday, September 11, 2018|
401K, Health, Vision, Dental!
Established more than 60 years ago, Convergent is one of America’s largest business process outsourcing, receivables management and outsourcing companies, with twelve operating centers across four time zones.
We are currently seeking ambitious, self-motivated, driven TEAM MEMBERS for a challenging, intense and ever-evolving career in the collections arena. This an opportunity to join an established team; immediately benefiting from the wealth of collective experience from our team while being supported by a strong and savvy, management team.
This is a Remote position reporting to our Renton, WA office. Strong preference for proximity to and reporting into/ working out of Renton, WA office.
The Litigation Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the Director of Litigation & Risk Management through document and factual research.
- Conduct various document searches and factual research to support the defense of various litigation and regulatory
- Maintain Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.’s internal litigation database including but not limited to tracking of all: case information, clients, account information, settlement information, accruals, plaintiff and defense counsel, alleged violation type, and
- Create and preserve all legal case files stored on Convergent Outsourcing, ’s internal shared drive.
- Draft settlement agreements, requests for information and extensions, check requests, and various other legal documents as requested by
- Analyze and prepare reporting to illustrate risk and litigation trends for Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. in order to proactively reduce future risk and litigation
- Perform initial case investigations on all threats of litigation and filed cases as well as prepare case summaries for review by the Director of Litigation and Risk Management.
- Interact with various Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. departments and oversee the progress of litigation support, request information necessary for litigated matters, and fulfill requests from outside counsel and
- Review internal policies and procedures to ensure adherence to the requirements set forth by the Legal
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with Company Policies as well as local, state and federal collections laws and regulations
- Negotiate settlements with various plaintiff counsels and pro se’s nationwide in matters involving allegations of various consumer protection statutes including but not limited to FDCPA, TCPA,
- Manage outside counsel in the defense of lawsuits against the company
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Prior experience with FDCPA and TCPA class actions required
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities and experience levels
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under strict time constraints a must
- Ability to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Typing 45 WPM
- Previous experience negotiating with plaintiffs counsels highly desired
- Bachelor's degree highly recommended
Click Here to Apply Now