Author: Thomas Rødseth, Chief Technical Officer at Puzzel
Long considered a ‘nice to have’, integrated ticketing is now the latest ‘must have’ for successful contact centres. In this first blog I discuss the benefits.
In an ideal world, every time a customer contacts an organisation, their issue or request is assigned a ticket. This ticket is usually a simple reference number that all agents, at any time in the response process, can use to provide fast and efficient customer service. Behind the scenes, clever technology automatically creates these tickets that document, store and catalogue customer interactions over time, making it possible for different agents to resolve simple and complicated issues from start to finish.
The whole process may seem like a fairly basic yet crucial part of any customer service operation but the truth is, until recently, ticketing was relatively low in the pecking order of contact centre technologies. Commonly thought of as a ‘nice to have’ rather than a ‘must have’, tools for ticketing or case management were often additional modules, purchased after everything else. This is changing. Forward-thinking senior executives now view the contact centre as the driver of customer satisfaction and retention as opposed to the resource-draining parasite of the past.
As a result, the hierarchy of contact centre technologies is shifting. CCaaS, CRM and WFM are merging to create a strategic foundation that tangibly boosts employee and customer engagement, which are top priorities facing businesses today. This trend provides contact centres with the perfect opportunity to extend their cloud contact centre with an integrated ticketing and case management framework for customer service.
....NOTE - content continues below this message
INVITATIONWe invite you and your colleagues to join us online as we take the highest rated industry conference online - join us and the elite in the industry at the NEXT GENERATION Contact Center & Customer Engagement Best Practices Conferences!
>>>>> FIND OUT MORE: HERE
One solution, 5 benefits
Let’s take a closer look. Combining automated ticketing with a cloud contact centre delivers a series of benefits:
1. Release the power of omni-channel – today’s customers communicate with companies over a range of channels including email, chat, self-service, SMS and social media channels. Customers also expect a seamless service whatever the channel and for agents to know who they are, why they are calling and that they were in contact about the same issue a day before. The beauty of automated ticketing solutions is they are able to track any number and type of customer interactions using a single case or ticket number and then use that number to identify the right customer and engage with them in multiple ways. Combining the real-time capabilities of the cloud with an integrated ticketing system puts agents in complete control of their omni-channel environment. They have a clear, single view of every customer interaction with the ability to handle all requests in a unified manner, whatever the channel.
2. Maximise agent efficiencies and customer satisfaction in one go – integrating essential ticketing capabilities into the contact centre creates a unified experience for agents and customers. The latest integrated solutions mean that organisations can handle large volumes of tickets while developing time-saving automatic responses, for example when the business is open or closed. They are also transforming the power of templates by offering unlimited opportunities to provide customised, efficient responses to the most common tickets while accelerating agent wrap-up and follow-up times.
3. Promote the humble email – utilising one tool, all emails are received, distributed and managed without having to leave the central agent application. What is more, any number of email addresses can be added and because they are all viewed within the same agent interface, they can be prioritised for a swifter, smoother agent and customer experience.
4. Create an intelligent contact centre – using an integrated ticketing and contact centre solution provides the vital intelligence necessary to ensure all tickets are prioritised and routed to the best agent to deliver exceptional customer service. At a management level, automated intelligence powered by an integrated solution provides contact centre leaders with productivity triggers. These alerts help supervisors to keep track of SLAs and nip performance issues in the bud. At the same time, valuable operational and customer intelligence supports the production of detailed reports and improves proactive decision-making.
5. Business your way – by leveraging the amazing power of Rules & Filters within today’s integrated ticketing systems, organisations can make the solution their own, tailoring it to their individual business needs. This means specific SLAs can be set up and priorities adjusted depending on traffic and defined user and team access.
Embedding ticketing into core contact centre solutions boosts the relevance and importance of the operation to the whole organisation. This integrated approach helps to position contact centres at the heart of customer experience (CX) and eradicates the concept of resource-draining operations of the past.
In the second part of my blog I will outline the five most important features for an integrated ticketing solution, the latest "must have" for a successful contact centre.
About Thomas Rødseth:
Thomas has worked in the telco sector in Europe for over 20 years, including companies such as O2 and Telenor. He has a background in managing large contact centres, employing more than 1,000 agents, giving him first-hand experience of trying to achieve operational efficiencies whilst delivering a great customer experience.
Puzzel (formerly Intelecom) builds on 20 years’ heritage. It was one of the first pioneers to develop a cloud-based contact centre. Puzzel also encompasses leading mobile messaging and mobile payments to deliver a flexible and customisable customer interaction platform to meet the needs of today’s omni-channel and mobile environments. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Puzzel employs over 130 people who are all passionate about delivering innovative customer interaction solutions for contact centres and mobile environments.
Published: Friday, March 6, 2020
eGain CallTrack™ is a dynamic call tracking and case management solution that helps companies provide quick, high-quality, and cost-efficient resolution of customer issues across traditional and emerging interaction channels. It is one of the many innovative customer interaction products in eGain Solve™ suite, the unified customer engagement and knowledge management software suite, which helps businesses transform their traditional call centers into omnichannel customer engagement hubs. eGain CallTrack will enable you to track, manage and resolve cases and maintain service level agreements (SLA), across channels.
Happitu is your customer support team’s personal coach. It guides your team through every interaction with custom workflows, responsive scripting, and dynamic help topics.
Documentation in Happitu is automated, detailed, and consistent. Go beyond handle times and service levels with the rich insights of Happitu – from granular interaction data to aggregate data and trends – you get the complete CX journey!
We intentionally built the Happitu Workflow Designer with your customer support team in mind. Using our intuitive tools that provide quick and safe iteration, you eliminate the need to involve IT or Development. Yes, you will no longer have to dread submitting a change request to Devin from IT!
Try it free for 45 days!
Knowmax is an omnichannel knowledge management platform. Our mission is to transform contact centers into resolution centers and drive customer self service.
The platform is an industry-agnostic enterprise-grade knowledge platform with components helping in easy findability of actionable information at the right time across the desired touchpoint.
Nuxiba's Help Desk Software is ideal for delivering top-level contact help desk services. It not only tailors to your existing technology resources but also allows you to set staff priorities that forward clients to the most knowledgeable agents.
Give personalized assistance, and analyze performance with our real-time monitoring, recording, and reports. Integrate Salesforce or VTiger CRM systems, be TCPA compliant, protect your cardholder's data during calls, and more!
Request a quote or demo today and start the journey to increase your first-contact resolution percentages in less than three months!
OneDesk's software combines Helpdesk & Project Management into one application. No need to purchase, integrate and switch between applications. Your team can support your customers and work on projects in one place. Aimed at SMBs as well as departments at large enterprises, OneDesk is frequently used by project managers, customer service, IT, professional services and more. This easy-to-use, feature-rich, and highly configurable software can manage both ticket & task workflows.
|6.)||Teckinfo Solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
ActivDesk Help Desk Software
ActivDesk Help Desk Software is an intelligent ticketing software for multi- channel customer interaction & engagement. It streamlines the entire ticket management process. With its SLA & escalation management, it enables your help desk to deliver enriching customer experience.