Article : 5 Expectations of Modern Customers
Businesses today are chasing a moving goal post – exceptional customer experiences. Modern customers apply a single standard to rank companies based on the experience they receive -- no matter the type of company or the interactions channels. In that sense, every company is now a competitor looking to differentiate with great customer experience. Contact centers, therefore, need to keep a close pulse on customer expectations in order to ensure they’re delivering best-in-class experiences.
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
Here are some of the most prevalent expectations of the digital-first customer, and few ways to manage them more efficiently:
- Save my time. Customers put a high value on their time, so providing self-service options can help them quickly resolve low-complexity issues. For complex interactions, look at options to reduce wait times to connect to agents by leveraging global routing across your contact centers. That can get your customers to the right agent at the shortest time, leveraging agents across the globe.
- Resolve my issue. Ultimately, what matters is the result. Provide contact center agents with efficient and effective tools so that they can get all the data they need. Maybe it’s customer identity profiles or past purchase histories, which help create a more personalized experience. Quick and seamless access to this information in CRM, order management or billing systems can ensure agents have what they need to be the best resource possible.
- Don’t transfer me. Nobody likes to repeat themselves, so transferring customers repeatedly can be a huge detriment to customer satisfaction, loyalty and advocacy. Leverage technologies like integrated unified communications solutions, that can bring live subject matter experts into a conversation early.
- Meet me where I am. Social messaging, text, chat, video – there have never been more ways for the digital-first customer to connect. Choose the channels that matter the most to your customers – make sure to offer service channels where your customers are, not necessarily the channels that lower your cost or what you might consider "cool".
- Listen to me. The last thing you want is to appear tone-deaf to the needs of customers. Leverage direct feedback through voice of the customer tools to better understand what is working and what is not. Take this a step further through advanced analytics that can even identify frustrated customers. When integrated with advanced quality management (QM) analytics, it’ll offer new insight into where you need to train your agents the most.
In the digital-first world, seamless omnichannel experiences can be made possible with a unified cloud customer experience platform. One that can create a brand promoter and an advocate. By establishing a customer experience strategy that puts customer needs first, contact centers can stay ahead of ever-rising customer expectations.
Today's Tip of the Day - Public Praise
More Editorial From NICE inContact
About NICE inContact:
NICE inContact CXone™ is a unified cloud customer experience platform. CXone combines Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact’s solution empowers organizations to provide exceptional customer experiences by acting smarter and responding faster to consumer expectations. NICE inContact’s DEVone developer program is the industry’s largest partner ecosystem, providing applications from partner companies on the CXexchange marketplace that are designed to integrate with CXone.
Published: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Genex, part of the IPE Group UK, is an outsourcing provider of customer experience management. We achieve results through transforming our clients' businesses and delivering excellence in customer exp...
Concentrix, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX), is a technology-enabled global business services company specializing in customer engagement and improving business performance...
|Bright Pattern Inc|
Bright Pattern is an effective cloud contact center software which helps businesses to simplify multichannel service. Bright Pattern’s solution features enterprise-grade architecture that offers n...
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...