Author: Ross Daniels, Chief Marketing Officer, Calabrio
In my last article I discussed how to keep things simple in contact centre operations and introduced the importance of incorporating a human-centred approach to operational thinking, processes and technology. Now it’s time to take a look at how to translate theory into practical steps for success.
A big opportunity to do things differently
When Calabrio invited CX Consultant and Practitioner Clare Muscutt to present at a recent webinar, she asked delegates about the state of digital transformation for customer service in their organisation. Although the majority (51%) had already deployed digital technology to support their customers, only 8% believed their digital service to be ‘awesome’.
While the pandemic has accelerated the uptake of digital technology, making it a rewarding and effective tool for driving both the customer experience (CX) and the employee experience (EX) can be a challenge for contact centre leaders. At the same time, the explosive growth in digitalisation presents a unique opportunity to do things differently and find a better way forward.
1. Discover – start with a meaningful baseline. This means spending time listening to the right people and collating critical data points like complaints or service KPIs to truly understand where you are and what you are trying to achieve. Talk to customers, hold employee focus groups and speak to the Board. Review what technology is being well used and received and what other new innovations might be worth looking at?
2. Define – use all the data you have for customer journey mapping. Ideally, conduct the exercise with other people – think of everyone who is affected by or can influence customer journeys. This is great for engaging people across the whole organisation and they will become more engaged and likely to come up with better ideas. Remember to map the impact of these customer journeys for example, ‘what will it cost to fix the root cause in terms of tech or training versus return on value?’ Aim for low cost, quick win ideas that have the maximum impact on customers, employees and the overall business.
3. Develop – these ideas, however, visualise the target experience and test with users before changing anything to save time and money and get it right first time. Then, create an ‘experience blueprint’ that illustrates what organisational changes need to be done to turn your vision of the target experience into reality.
4. Deliver – utilise learning from the testing period and integrate it into a plan that includes timelines, clear measures of success and is communicated effectively.
5. Deploy – finally, consider the latest advancements in AI-driven analytics. They help overcome complexity by translating raw data into powerful business intelligence from a customer, employee and operational point of view. Gain buy-in from IT and senior decision-makers by promoting the benefits for example:
Above all, remember that addressing complexity is a continual process that needs to be refined as customer, employee and business needs change.
About Ross Daniels:
Ross Daniels is Chief Marketing Officer at Calabrio.
The digital foundation of a customer-centric contact center, the Calabrio ONE suite helps enrich and understand human interactions, empowering your contact center as a brand guardian. We maximize agent performance, exceed customer expectations, and boost workforce efficiency using connected data, AI-fueled analytics, automated workforce management and personalized coaching. Only Calabrio ONE unites WFO, agent engagement and business intelligence solutions into a true-cloud, fully integrated suite that adapts to your business.
Published: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
CrankWheel Screen Sharing
CrankWheel is an easy and simple screen sharing solution, made for the needs of salespeople and customer service agents.
CrankWheel complements voice calls by adding visuals to ongoing calls. There is no need to get the customer off the phone, onto another platform.
Agents share their screens by directing clients to a link that can be sent via SMS, email or simply spelled out.
The client can enter on any device, mobile, desktop or tablet and enters the session instantly. There is no registration or download required by the client.
- Screen sharing
- Agents can hand control over to the client
- Warm lead capture widget that alerts the sales team instantly of an intere...
We help you automate your QA program using artificial intelligence. Why just listen to 6 calls when you can listen to 100% of your calls that too without adding any additional resources.
We empower QAs to get to the right calls, find coaching and training opportunities and improve overall Customer experience.
I am checking out all the amazing and daily updated content on ContactCenterWorld.com and networking with professionals worldwide
Send To Friends Post On My Wall