Article : Does Culture Affect Customer Service?
When it comes to customer service, different parts of the world may have different views on what it constitutes exactly. We asked industry professionals if they had noticed any differences in customer service by people from different cultures.
- A survey by Joss jalbert, ContactCenterWorld.com
- David Morris, Consultant, Sharphill Management Services, United Kingdom
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
- Richard Blank, Ceo, Costa Rica's Call Center, Costa Rica
- Toshiko Ikawa, Supervisor & Trainer, Fujitsu, Japan
- David Aplin, MI Business Analyst, Comet Group PLC, United Kingdom
Sometimes, extreme managerial practices are imposed by parachuted-in expatriot managers, akin to cultural ducks out of water, out of frustration. It’s not their fault. Global literacy is a skill learned over years or a lifetime, not days; and local management practices are often best left to local in-country managers. Hands-off management practices are equally doomed, but for a completely different reason having nothing to do with cultural intelligence.
The most successful global outsourcing call centers are those that work with the US call center counterpart as a team. Would anyone hire a qualified new employee, leave them on a college campus somewhere apart from the team, and expect them to be equally successful as their in-office counterparts? No, of course not. Everyone on the team needs to communicate equally as part of the team to be an equally successful contributor. A contact center’s outsourcing services provider needs to be part of the corporate team, too. Including the offshore team members in regular team meetings is a must. Today’s global conferencing technologies have made it possible.
Many companies expect outsourcing to be somewhat turn-key: contract it and watch it work there from over here. That’s just unrealistic."
- Nina Kawalek, CEO, RCCSP Professional Education Alliance, United States
- Sarah Bolton, Manager, Ernst & Young, United Kingdom
- Darren Young, Business Development Director, Customer Service Network, United Kingdom
- Arnold Ward, Management Consultant, ACW, Canada
- Ankur Bhatia, Founder & CEO, Navigant Technologies Inc, India
- Divyan Gupta, Founder and CEO, Keshiha Services, India
- Cristian Perez, Socio Director, Adoria Consulting, Spain
- Madeleine Sykes, Head of People , Amdocs, United Kingdom
- Nuno Periquito, Business Consultant, Altitude Software, Portugal
- Jennifer Anderson, Director Client Support, Manpower, United States
- Sharon Lensky, Support Manager, The American Physical Society, United States
- Russell Schmidt, Ceo, Extenda Communications, United States
- Probir Geoffrey Dutt, International Sales Director, Concentrix, Australia
- Chee-wai Ho, Business Analyst, SingTel, Singapore
- Carl Lobaugh, Director of Quality, Abbott, United States
Today's Tip of the Day - Systems To Support Promotions
ContactCenterWorld is The Global Association for Contact Center & Customer Engagement Best Practices. Today we have over 205,000 corporate 'individual' members have joined the association's website 'ContactCenterWorld.com'. We were established in 1999.
Published: Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Verint Systems is a provider of analytic software-based solutions for the security and business intelligence markets. Verint solutions transform voice, video, and text into actionable intelligence - m...
Avaya is a recognized innovator, leading business communications for the digital age. Avaya delivers smart global solutions and technologies for customer and team engagement, unified communications an...
Cisco provides Unified Customer Contact solutions that extend customer care beyond simple phone transactions and the traditional contact centre to unique content-rich customer centric experiences. The...
Zappix transforms the user journey during contact center interactions. The cloud-based Zappix Visual IVR On-Demand platform provides a full visual experience for customers, increasing self-service ...