Article : Has Customer Service Improved In The last 5 Years?
We wanted to know from contact center professionals whether, in their opinion, customer service had improved or gotten worse over the last five years. Although the answers are varied, they all suggest we take a second look at our own customer service levels.
- a survey by Joss Jalbert, ContactCenterWorld.com
- Chrissie Jay, Contact Centre Business Analyst, Nedbank Group Limited, South Africa
- Barry McGuire, Director of Operations, LifePlans Inc., United States
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
2020 '15th annual' Global Contact Center World Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your Center, Strategy, Technology Innovation, People and more into the ONLY TRULY GLOBAL awards program - regarded by many as being like the Olympics for the Contact Center World! Join the best from over 50 nations and compete for the most prestigious awards out there!
Content continues ….
- Douglas Utley, Partner, ScottMadden, Inc., United States
- Angie Naidoo, Manager, Nedbank Group Limited, South Africa
- Sailesh Bhatia, Chief Training Manager, Reliance Industries Limited, India
- Rosemary Turley, Marketing, NICE Systems
By emotional satisfaction I mean that, irrespective of whether my request has been fulfilled, I sense a desire on behalf of the professional to meet my needs, that I feel valued and respected.
By personalised I mean that the professional connects with me and establishes rapport so that I feel listened to and understood.
The tools to achieve these two elements are quite simple, yet it seems we haven't yet found a way to employ them with any consistency."
- David Cross, People Development Consultant, National Australia Bank, Australia
- Tricia Jephcott, Owner, Stretch Training, United Kingdom
- Malcolm Norquoy, Director Managed Services, ERICSSON, Malaysia
- John Turnbull, Management Consultant, Customer Connect Australia Pty Ltd, Australia
- Steve Shefveland, Ceo, Ashesi Global Services, Inc., United States
- Divyan Gupta, Founder and CEO, Keshiha Services, India
- Phil Taylor, Head Of Sales & Service Toronto, Tangerine, Canada
This is not to say that companies that offshore their customer services necessarily provide superior service; but, rather, that the many companies that have already outsourced customer service should be seeing noticeable improvements in satisfaction by now. Otherwise, they should re-evaluate the outsourcing location and provider in which they have invested, or insist that their current outsourcer invest in professional training and certification for the managers and supervisors servicing their account."
- Nina Kawalek, CEO, RCCSP Professional Education Alliance, United States
- Jeff Roberts, Director, Inforonics LLC, United States
- David Shaffer, Director, Intrado, United States
- Silvio Stroescu, Head of National Channels, Analytics and Support, Tangerine, Canada
- Miguel Angel Lechuga Mart?n, Call Center - Manager, Linea Directa Aseguradora, Spain
- Megan Easey, Director, Megan Easey and Associates, Ireland
Today's Tip of the Day - Choosing a Telecom Supplier
ContactCenterWorld is The Global Association for Contact Center & Customer Engagement Best Practices. Today we have over 205,000 corporate 'individual' members have joined the association's website 'ContactCenterWorld.com'. We were established in 1999.
Published: Monday, May 24, 2010