By Ben Willmott, Workforce Management Consultant with Teleopti
New Term – New Customers
Young people today make up the fastest-growing and most influential group of consumers and it’s high time we took notice of them and really listened to what they want in terms of customer service. Patience is not their virtue – they don’t like waiting and hate wasting their time. The days of "if we respond within 24 hours, we’re doing an amazing job" is history.
The truth is, the younger generation wants it all: speed, friendliness, one interaction and transparency. Remember: this is the generation that has been brought up on a diet of technology, they know nothing else. Extremely tech-savvy and surrounded by 24/7 connectivity, they expect the same from the companies they buy from.
What is more, if they don’t receive good customer service, they are not shy about airing their grievances on social media, their complaints spreading virally in a flash with the power to damage corporate reputations and sales.
Get it right, however, and you can expect a highly interactive, positive relationship from a fiercely loyal customer base. Here are three top tips to get you started. They focus on making the most of the latest Workforce Management (WFM) technology to win the hearts and minds of today’s consumers:
1. Invest in self-service – a booming e-commerce sector and the desire to purchase at any time of day have driven the need for self-service solutions. The introduction of self-service technology means your business is open all hours, every day of the year, without the expense of additional headcount.
In the same way, modern WFM solutions include self-service capabilities where agents can request time off, trade shifts, voice their preferences for overtime or pick up unallocated shifts from their handheld devices, wherever they maybe.
2. Make mobility work for you - today’s consumers use the latest mobile devices to find information and ask questions and access social media to connect with their favourite brands. They expect 24-hour customer service and demand instant answers, whatever device they are using.
Make sure your customer service is fully optimised for mobility:
- with a fully responsive website
- by offering web chat
- by providing a choice of different contact options such as SMS, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Twitter.
3. Omnichannel is the new multichannel – email, Chat, social media, Skype, mobile? Most contact centers now operate a multichannel contact center and the consumer wants a consistent, satisfying and effortless experience, every time, whatever the device or communications channel. This is where omnichannel comes into its own – providing a seamless, integrated customer experience from beginning to end.
By tapping into the potential of WFM technology and adapting it to the needs of younger people, organisations everywhere can benefit from happy, loyal customers, increased sales, an enviable brand reputation and corporate efficiency. It’s a win, win situation.
The digital foundation of a customer-centric contact center, the Calabrio ONE suite helps enrich and understand human interactions, empowering your contact center as a brand guardian. We maximize agent performance, exceed customer expectations, and boost workforce efficiency using connected data, AI-fueled analytics, automated workforce management and personalized coaching. Only Calabrio ONE unites WFO, agent engagement and business intelligence solutions into a true-cloud, fully integrated suite that adapts to your business.
Published: Friday, November 25, 2016
Since 2002 101translations has been providing fast, reliable and cost-effective language translation services for a wide range of industries, including major players in the contact centre market. Our professionals have experience with the translation of materials such as training videos and interactive courses, conversation transcripts, legal documentation, websites, and much more.
We work into every language in the world, from Abkhazian to Zulu.
Platform Data Transformation
OpsTel is proud to provide our clients with a software automation service that is used to aid in the transition from one platform to another utilizing both speed and accuracy. Whether it is going from premises to premises, premises to cloud, premises to private cloud or even a hybrid deployment; OpsTel has the ability to help cut your transition time so you can focus your efforts on remaining architecture priorities.
We’ve observed conversions as high as 85% - in as little time as 30-minutes - with remaining client specific complex integrations being done by employees or professional services of your choice leveraging our Platform Data Transformation™ solution.
|3.)||Tru29 Outsource Solutions Inc.|
Back Office Solutions
Although the customer-facing type of tasks is essential to good customer experience, tasks being done in the background is as important.
Tru29 has been providing this type of outsourcing solutions to various businesses across the globe so you can be assured of a reliable and experienced workforce.
I am checking out all the amazing and daily updated content on ContactCenterWorld.com and networking with professionals worldwide
Send To Friends Post On My Wall