Article : Measuring Service Levels - How Should You Do It In Your Center?
We asked contact center professionals from around the world how contact centers should measure the level of service they give to customers – after all, isn’t customer satisfaction the true goal of any customer service center?
- a survey by Joss Jalbert, ContactCenterWorld.com
(1) From the customer's perspective based upon a scientifically-based understanding of what constitutes "quality" from the customer's view, and through measurement of the front line reps’ compliance with these quality factors;
(2) Based on the measurable effectiveness of their center's Call Resolution Process - call resolution throughput, and the level of efficiency at which it was achieved; and
(3) Based on a qualitative analysis and comparison of investments made in the call center, utilization of those investments in the resolution of calls, and the value of those resolutions; in other words, accounting for a financial return on investment in the contact center."
- Nina Kawalek, CEO, RCCSP Professional Education Alliance, United States
1) Net Promoter Score
2) % of call ansered by a PERSON in 20 seconds
3) % of call completed to the customers satisfaction by the service rep who took the call. First Call Resolution"
- Niels Kjellerup, Manager, Resource International, Australia
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
- Dave Thomson, European Marketing Manager, Cisco, United Kingdom
- Jonathan Grant, Ceo, NewVoiceMedia , United Kingdom
- Khilona Radia, Director, iGrowth International Business Consultants, South Africa
- Aminudin Zainodin, Assistant General Manager, Hong Leong Bank, Malaysia
§ Reduce operating cost – Based on our research and experience, if your call centre is operating at an average 65% FCR, then 38% of your contacts are avoidable repeats.
§ Improve customer satisfaction – FCR is the highest correlated measure to customer-service satisfaction.
§ Improve staff satisfaction – With higher FCR, agents take fewer repeat contacts from customers whose previous queries weren’t handled appropriately. Repeat contacts have a dramatic impact on the morale and motivation of excellent customer-facing staff. In fact, amongst high performers, this is one of their main reasons for leaving your business.
§ Sell more – Satisfied customers whose query is resolved in a timely manner are 20% more likely to accept a sales offering.
§ Increase customer loyalty – Industry research shows that if a customer’s query is not resolved on the first contact, there is a 34% probability that the customer will consider moving to a competitor. This goes down to 2% for customers whose query is resolved first time."
- Jaime Scott, Head of Global Quality, Capita, United Kingdom
- Adrian Martinez, Manager, United States
- Manfred Granig, Telesales Manager, Australia
- Steve Shefveland, Ceo, Ashesi Global Services, Inc., United States
- Arnold Ward, Management Consultant, ACW, Canada
Then the total package of services provided need to be put against that perception of what the customer expected and we have our answer."
- Karin Sokul, Client Service Manager, Stefanini, Belgium
- Christine Bryant, Contact Centre Manager, Wunderman, United Kingdom
- Chee-wai Ho, Business Analyst, SingTel, Singapore
External metrics should include customersurveys, loyalty indexes,etc - these should be necessarily administered by a third party.
Internal metrics should include call quality, post incident service recovery measurements, and most importantly pre and post incident trading pattern (this can be extended to "normal" customers as well who do not necessarily face service incidents)"
- Adrian Robertson, DHL, India, India
- John Gourdin, Call Center Director, Global Premier Benefits, United States
- Robert Wint, Senior Vice President Marketing, EMEA, Verint, United Kingdom
The other area of measurement would be based upon a survey covering key aspects of the customers' experience. A combination of "transactional" (based on the customer's interaction with the firm) and "relational" seeking input on the broader aspects of the relationship.
The typical contact center metrics (average speed of answer, abandonment rate, etc.) are all good barometers which must be monitored, but consider these "production" metrics NOT customer-focused metrics."
- Craig Bailey, President, Customer Centricity, Inc., United States
Today's Tip of the Day - Choose Your Rota!
ChildFund International is a nonprofit organization that envisions a world where every child is free to live at their fullest potential, no matter where they’re from or what challenges they face. ocated in Southeast Asia between the Indian and Pacific oceans, the Republic of Indonesia is the world's third most populous democracy and the largest Muslim-majority nation. It is made up of thousands of islands and dozens of active volcanoes, and Indonesia is particularly vulnerable to natural disasters, which have a disproportionately negative impact on poor and marginalized communities. Some communities are still trying to recover from the December 2004 tsunami, which killed more than 100,000 people just in Indonesia. During the past decade, ChildFund has expanded its work to train people in vulnerable communities how to reduce their risk during disasters and, in broader ways, be prepared to provide safe places for children in the immediate aftermath of storms and other crises. ChildFund has served children in Indonesia since 1958.
Published: Wednesday, May 19, 2010
TTEC (NASDAQ: TTEC) is a global customer experience company that designs, builds and operates captivating omnichannel customer experiences on behalf of the world's most innovative brands. Founded in 1...
ConSol bridges the gap between governments, corporations institutions and their stakeholders using technology, facility provides efficient services in exchange of valuable information solutions that i...
Maintaining multi-channel customer support via phone, fax, web and email can be a heavy burden for a company to bear. In addition to maintaining a high quality support system that takes advantage of t...
Noble Systems Corporation is a global provider of contact center, workforce engagement, and analytics technologies, offering premise, cloud, and hybrid platforms. Noble Systems has been providing inno...