Article : Monitoring the Performance of Remote Workers
We keep hearing about all the different advantages remote workers bring, and yet the one constant disadvantage usually associated with remote workers is how to monitor and review performance. We asked industry professionals what techniques they use to do just that.
- Steve Mosser, CEO, Sensee HomeAgent Network, United Kingdom
- Dean LaGrow, Call Center - Manager, Phlanges Design, United States
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
- Jacob Murray-White, General Manager, Salmat, Australia
- Sarah-Jane Heber-Hall, Operations Director, Computertel Ltd., United Kingdom
- Martin Catchpole, Operations Director, Call Catcherz Ltd, United Kingdom
- Jacqueline Forsythe, Triage Nurse Manger, Detroit Medical Center, United States
- Mary Naylor, CEO, VIPdesk Connect, United States
2. Establish a trial period to determine whether an agent can properly perform their job. (This will also minimize the loss of agents who discover that they do not enjoy working at home.)
3. Supervisors should have a daily call with remote agents. Every day - quick 5-10 minute call. A supervisor needs to ensure that remote agents are informed of all work-related and team-building activities. Isolation & detachment feelings will impact performance so keeping ALL agents informed is key.
4. I always recommend using instant messaging or "chat" for handling the majority of agent questions, inquiries, etc. however Supervisors must be available to respond immediately.
5. Real-time messaging and broadcasting capabilities for communicating issues that require immediate attention are essential.
6. Include remote agents in all team meetings and training
7. Establish rewards, incentives that apply to both remote and onsite agents.
8. Hold agents accountable. Clearly communicate performance objectives, how performance will be measured and be consistent.
9. Training consistent for onsite & remote workers. Training curriculums should include multiple delivery options and should also include a competency test or tests. Develop an online learning or other remotely delivered training which is more cost effective and work great for on-going development of agents and support staff."
- Natalie Romano, Managing Director, Avaya, United States
- Gene Schaedel, Call Center Management Consultant, United States
- Mike Boyle, Consultant, Independent, United Kingdom
Today's Tip of the Day - Stop-Start-Continue
ChildFund International is a nonprofit organization that envisions a world where every child is free to live at their fullest potential, no matter where they’re from or what challenges they face. ocated in Southeast Asia between the Indian and Pacific oceans, the Republic of Indonesia is the world's third most populous democracy and the largest Muslim-majority nation. It is made up of thousands of islands and dozens of active volcanoes, and Indonesia is particularly vulnerable to natural disasters, which have a disproportionately negative impact on poor and marginalized communities. Some communities are still trying to recover from the December 2004 tsunami, which killed more than 100,000 people just in Indonesia. During the past decade, ChildFund has expanded its work to train people in vulnerable communities how to reduce their risk during disasters and, in broader ways, be prepared to provide safe places for children in the immediate aftermath of storms and other crises. ChildFund has served children in Indonesia since 1958.
Published: Friday, October 23, 2009
IBEX Global (AIM: IBEX), Headquartered in Washington, DC, delivers onshore, near shore and off shore solutions in 5 countries across 19 call centers maintaining a network of more than 9,000 employees ...
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Deloitte Consulting's Customer Operations and Contact Center Transformation practice provides advisory services on all aspects of Customer Interaction and Contact Center strategy, operations, organiza...
Concentrix, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX), is a technology-enabled global business services company specializing in customer engagement and improving business performance...