Article : Speech Technology Deployment Errors
In the high stress, high traffic world of contact center management we sometimes make mistakes in our rush to get things done, including technology deployment. What are some of the biggest mistakes made when choosing or setting up speech technology?
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
- Brett Feldon, General Manager, EMEA, Salmat, United Kingdom
- Ross Krisel, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, IntelePeer, Inc., United States
- Harry Clarke, Business Development Director, CTL, United Kingdom
- D. Daniel Ziv, VP Voice of the Customer Analytics, Verint, United States
Attempting to deploy a "What would you like to do today?" voice recognition solution as a first application.
Building grammars around their industry lingo instead of understanding the lexicons used by their callers."
- Scott Godin, Director of Research and Development, Computer Talk Technology (CTT), Canada
- Jeff Schlueter, VP, Marketing & Business Development, Nexidia, United States
Vendors have sold promises, and contact centre managers have not questioned them nearly enough.
As an industry, the technology vendors need to work with their customers (the contact centres) and with their end-customers (the consumers)"
- Marlon Bowser, Managing Director, HTK, United Kingdom
- Tom Smith, Senior manager for contact center solutions product marketing, Verizon, United States
The use of the technology is to save money, but generally the technology is poorly used so there is no real saving in money and customers get agitated and march with their feet.
There is often a statistical disconnect between the contact centre results and actual sales results and loss of sales due to poor speech technology use."
- Rupert Utteridge, Director - Sales & Marketing, Digital Techniques, Australia
- Sarah-Jane Heber-Hall, Operations Director, Computertel Ltd., United Kingdom
Today's Tip of the Day - Consistent Channel Strategy
ContactCenterWorld.com – is the website for the Global Association for Contact Center and Customer Engagement Best Practices. The association has a truly global footprint and supports 200,000 members from enterprises large and small with ideas, information and support tools including best practice awards, conferences and certification. Join today, FREE personal membership available at this link https://www.contactcenterworld.com/register.aspx and start networking and learning best practices. Contact Center World. (www.ContactCenterWorld.com), The Global Association for Contact Center & Customer Engagement Best Practices.
Published: Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Avaya is a recognized innovator, leading business communications for the digital age. Avaya delivers smart global solutions and technologies for customer and team engagement, unified communications an...
Mitel is a global provider of enterprise and small business communications solutions and services. The company focuses on blending powerful infrastructure with an intuitive human interface to deliver ...
Genex, part of the IPE Group UK, is an outsourcing provider of customer experience management. We achieve results through transforming our clients' businesses and delivering excellence in customer exp...
Cisco provides Unified Customer Contact solutions that extend customer care beyond simple phone transactions and the traditional contact centre to unique content-rich customer centric experiences. The...