Article : Ten Warning Signs That You Need an Automated Workforce Management Solution
Is it time for your contact centre to make the move from spreadsheets or manual methods of forecasting and scheduling to an automated workforce management application? Is your contact centre suffering from any of the below?
- Tedious, Time Consuming Methods » Are you able to deal with all of the necessary data and perform arithmetic operations over and over again, quickly and accurately?
- Hard to Acquire Data » Are you spending a lot of time copying and pasting or manually exporting data from your ACD? Is this activity competing with other obligatory tasks?
- Inability to Track Schedule Adherence » In order to meet service level objectives, your agents must follow their schedules. This is particularly important in small and medium-sized contact centres, where the adherence of a single agent can make a big difference on service levels. Are you having a hard time tracking adherence and thus unable to meet service level goals?
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
- Unable to Spot Trends » Long-term trends in the forecasting process can have profound effect on the accuracy of the forecast. Are you having difficulty analysing data that spans many weeks and months to spot trends?
- Are you creating Efficient Schedules? » Are you creating schedules that you know will be just ‘ok’? Are you copying schedules from one week to the next to save time with little or no optimisation of those schedules?
- Overstaffing in Skill Routing Environments » If you have multi-skilled agents, the Erlang C function that is central to all manual and spreadsheet-based approaches no longer produces accurate agent requirements. Are your requirements accurate?
- Difficulty Meeting Complex Work Rules » Do you have extended hours of operation or is your centre open more than 5 days a week? If so, do your schedules readily accommodate rules regarding the working time directive, overtime, consecutive days worked, minimum time between shifts and working weekends?
- Problems Meeting Employee Wishes » Are you relying entirely upon fixed schedules even though they may not be optimal for your business or are causing undue hardships for your agents? Is changing the schedule so difficult that you don't even attempt to adjust it, even when you know it's not the best way to staff your centre?
- Over and Under Staffing » Is your centre experiencing periods of over staffing and under staffing in the same day, leading to needless expense and a negative customer experience, revenue and goodwill?
- Communicating Schedules » Do your employees learn about schedule changes by reading about them on a notice board? Does a change in schedule almost always result in a few people remaining uninformed?
Today's Tip of the Day - Ask For Feedback
More Editorial From U-WFM
At U-WFM we believe there is an easier way to deploy Workforce Management and make it accessible to all contact centres, regardless of size. We offer our Workforce Management platform as a 100% cloud, OPEX based solution with zero capital outlay and technology hassle. This allows our customers to immediately become more effective, efficient and economic on a pay-as-you-go basis, but still benefit from a premium Workforce Management solution. Our flexible service models allow our customers to gain a real competitive edge by having access to the latest Workforce Management software and experts at the heart of their operations. This has enabled many centres to deliver the optimal service and customer experience which previously they would have been unlikely to budget for or achieve. We deliver the solution directly to where it is needed and only expect to be paid for what you use, when you use it.
Published: Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Teleopti is a global provider of workforce management (WFM) software, offering a WFM solution that is sophisticated, localised and easy to use. Teleopti focuses on helping contact centers, back office...
|Arise Virtual Solutions|
Arise is a pioneer of on-demand customer management technology and business process outsourcing. Our powerful cloud-based platform provides a virtual nationwide network to connect primarily work-at-ho...
Deloitte Consulting's Customer Operations and Contact Center Transformation practice provides advisory services on all aspects of Customer Interaction and Contact Center strategy, operations, organiza...
NICE (NASDAQ: NICE), is a worldwide provider of intent-based solutions that capture and analyze interactions and transactions, realize intent, and extract and leverage insights to deliver impact in re...