Article : Tips When Choosing Speech Technology
The potential applications of speech technologies and their ability to revolutionize the contact center industry is intriguing many managers as they pursue the ‘next big thing’ to keep their services at state-of-the-art levels. But how do you decide what is right for you and your center? Find out by reading these valuable tips from other contact center leaders and technology developers!
- D. Daniel Ziv, VP Voice of the Customer Analytics, Verint, United States
- Marlon Bowser, Managing Director, HTK, United Kingdom
- Ross Krisel, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, IntelePeer, Inc., United States
Language applications are still not as robust as the english versions of these technologies. Although the learning systems work well, they still require a lot of manual intervention to fine tune which can be costly.
Start off with English as a perferred language and build form there.
Leverage of existing speech roll outs from other companies that could fast track the solution."
- Chris Mills, Operations Director, Rewardsco Contact Centres, South Africa
- Karl Graham, Vice President - regional and Telecommunications Markets, Xerox, Jamaica
- Harry Clarke, Business Development Director, CTL, United Kingdom
- Neil Barnes, Director, Io Speech Analytics Ltd, United Kingdom
- Sarah-Jane Heber-Hall, Operations Director, Computertel Ltd., United Kingdom
• Clearly define the mission of the contact center (e.g. Are you trying to drive a specific customer interaction, or improve a business process?).
• Have your speech analytics system handle tasks without your needing to know to ask the system to perform them. For example, an effective system could categorize calls to drive real business intelligence to help the manager make decisions in areas for which he did not know to look.
• Find a speech analytics system that can handle unstructured audio, in different languages, from different recorders.
• Choose a speech analytics system that can handle the capacity you need, at the speed you need voice content processed, for the lowest total cost of ownership with the highest return on investment."
- Jeff Schlueter, VP, Marketing & Business Development, Nice Nexidia, United States
- Brett Feldon, General Manager, EMEA, Salmat, United Kingdom
- Andrew Kay, Director, Jersey
Today's Tip of the Day - Involve Staff
ContactCenterWorld is The Global Association for Contact Center & Customer Engagement Best Practices. Today we have over 205,000 corporate 'individual' members have joined the association's website 'ContactCenterWorld.com'. We were established in 1999.
Published: Thursday, November 12, 2009