Check out The Most Innovative, Highly rated Contact Center World Events EVER!
...Thousands of past delegates agree! - BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY!
Best Contact Centers in the World 2017
all award winners!STARTS IN:
Network, Learn, benchmark in this unique best practice forum with the best practitioners in the World
...who run centers and take your center to new levels of performance, engage staff, improve service and more!
Article : Why Businesses With Answering Services Are Spending Less And Still Kicking Your Butt
Mike Cynar from MAP Communications shares his thoughts on how answering services allow companies to spend less and still kick your butt.
Imagine a customer who has had a busy day, working, picking up the kids from daycare, running errands, grabbing dinner, putting everyone to bed, going to bed themselves…then getting up at 2 am to check on the baby and later being struck –unfairly – by insomnia.
Unable to go back to sleep, the customer decides to call your company, the company she purchased a pair of shoes from. They don’t quite fit, and she has a question about making an exchange. She realizes no one is probably going to answer the phone at this time of night, but she tries calling anyway, because she has nothing else to do.
To her surprise, someone answers the phone. Her questions are answered by a lively person on the other end of the line, who spends some time making friendly conversation before also selling the customer another pair of shoes, a pair of boots, four pairs of boot socks, and a kit to take care of suede.
This customer is going to return to your business over and over again, because of the amazing service she just received. It was easy, it was timely and relevant to her needs, and most importantly – her call for help was answered. Not by an automated message stating that your business was closed. Instead, the call was answered by a lovely, polite person ready to listen and help.
An answering service allows businesses to provide this kind of service to customers. It gives companies the opportunity to be ready and available any time the customer needs to communicate, which puts that company ahead of the competition in customer acquisition and retention. And, at a fraction of the price.
Here are some of the reasons why businesses that use answering services are saving money and kicking butt:
1) Answering services allow businesses to offer great customer service 24 hours a day without the expense of hiring a receptionist, a team of operators, or funding a large call center. You don't have to offer health benefits or a 401K, and you don't have to worry about paid time off, vacation, and sick days. On top of that, you aren't limited to forty hours a week!
2) An answering service not only costs less than paying full-time employees, it can be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to service any customer call that comes in. Your business will never miss another call - not from a customer in a different time zone, and not from the night owl who calls at 2 am. Your doors will always be "open," and your customers will never get an answering machine saying, "sorry, we're closed."
3) That means your business can provide the best service, retain customers, and capture sales all day long – sales that could have been missed. A friendly, real person can answer questions, make sales, create appointments, take messages, and anything else your business requires.
4) Having a real voice on the other end of the line is always preferable to automated messages and a maze of numbers for customers to navigate. Often, when a customer hears that automated voice, they look for an alternative right away, just to avoid going through that frustrating process. People enjoy the ease and simplicity of talking to another person, as well as the human connection in general.
5) Another great thing about answering services is that customers don't know they've reached an answering service outside of your actual company. The operators are trained to be fluent in your business needs and can assist customers flawlessly. Your answering service is a really an extension of your company.
If your business deals with customers, an answering service can help put your company ahead of the competition. It can help you spend less, while bringing in more business, and even more importantly, retaining that business.
Today's Tip of the Day - Involve Staff
More Editorial From MAP Communications
Published: Wednesday, August 10, 2016