Article : Why Businesses With Answering Services Are Spending Less And Still Kicking Your Butt
Imagine a customer who has had a busy day, working, picking up the kids from daycare, running errands, grabbing dinner, putting everyone to bed, going to bed themselves…then getting up at 2 am to check on the baby and later being struck - unfairly - by insomnia.
Unable to go back to sleep, the customer decides to call your company, the company she purchased a pair of shoes from. They don’t quite fit, and she has a question about making an exchange. She realizes no one is probably going to answer the phone at this time of night, but she tries calling anyway, because she has nothing else to do.
To her surprise, someone answers the phone. Her questions are answered by a lively person on the other end of the line, who spends some time making friendly conversation before also selling the customer another pair of shoes, a pair of boots, four pairs of boot socks, and a kit to take care of suede.
GO FOR GOLD AND REPRESENT YOUR NATION!
The 2018 13th annual Top Ranking Performers Global Awards are open until 31st Dec 2017
Awards for all levels of staff and a fantastic range of corporate awards for contact centers! Click on the banner for details!
This customer is going to return to your business over and over again, because of the amazing service she just received. It was easy, it was timely and relevant to her needs, and most importantly - her call for help was answered. Not by an automated message stating that your business was closed. Instead, the call was answered by a lovely, polite person ready to listen and help.
An answering service allows businesses to provide this kind of service to customers. It gives companies the opportunity to be ready and available any time the customer needs to communicate, which puts that company ahead of the competition in customer acquisition and retention. And, at a fraction of the price.
Here are some of the reasons why businesses that use answering services are saving money and kicking butt:
1) Answering services allow businesses to offer great customer service 24 hours a day without the expense of hiring a receptionist, a team of operators, or funding a large call center. You don't have to offer health benefits or a 401K, and you don't have to worry about paid time off, vacation, and sick days. On top of that, you aren't limited to forty hours a week!
2) An answering service not only costs less than paying full-time employees, it can be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to service any customer call that comes in. Your business will never miss another call - not from a customer in a different time zone, and not from the night owl who calls at 2 am. Your doors will always be "open," and your customers will never get an answering machine saying, "sorry, we're closed."
3) That means your business can provide the best service, retain customers, and capture sales all day long – sales that could have been missed. A friendly, real person can answer questions, make sales, create appointments, take messages, and anything else your business requires.
4) Having a real voice on the other end of the line is always preferable to automated messages and a maze of numbers for customers to navigate. Often, when a customer hears that automated voice, they look for an alternative right away, just to avoid going through that frustrating process. People enjoy the ease and simplicity of talking to another person, as well as the human connection in general.
5) Another great thing about answering services is that customers don't know they've reached an answering service outside of your actual company. The operators are trained to be fluent in your business needs and can assist customers flawlessly. Your answering service is a really an extension of your company.
If your business deals with customers, an answering service can help put your company ahead of the competition. It can help you spend less, while bringing in more business, and even more importantly, retaining that business.
Today's Tip of the Day - Do You Divert Calls Between Offices?
More Editorial From MAP Communications
About Mike Cynar:
With 29 years of executive level call center experience, Mike Cynar knows the call center industry. Since 2011 he has served as a National Sales Manager and the Digital Marketing Manager at MAP Communications, a VA-based business which started in 1991 delivering call center services and live answering service solutions.
About MAP Communications:
We’re U.S. based and employee-owned so each and every MAP employee is financially vested in your success. We have the most experienced and compassionate team of receptionists and managers in the answering service and call center industry and we have our own in-house software and development team, which translates into maximum redundancy and greater flexibility in the services and features we can create for our customers on the fly.
Published: Friday, January 1, 2016
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
|Centris Information Services|
Centris Information Services is a nearshore customer contact center focusing on bilingual call center and support services.
Genpact is a Business process outsourcing (BPO) company in India. It was formerly a GE owned company called GE Capital International Services or GECIS. It operates from India, China, Guatemala, Hungar...
|Hinduja Global Solutions Ltd.|
A company from the Hinduja Group, Hinduja Global Solutions is a Bangalore- headquartered BPO Business Services company providing end to end consumer focused services and industry solutions. HGS has 24...