What effect has the Coronavirus had on your company?
There are only few confirmed cases in Taiwan at this moment. As for our bank, we don’t have any infected employees or customers, so the pandemic doesn’t cause serious impact on our business operation. However, some customers cancelled their original travel plan, affecting our credit card business slightly. With respect to internal policy for controlling coronavirus, our bank has stipulated a number of rules upon January outbreak in China.
1. We strongly encouraged virtual meetings instead of face-to-face meetings. If there is inevitability of holding an off-line meeting, all participants are strictly required to wear surgical masks. (For the meeting whose participants include outside guests, the venue of the meeting has been restricted to a specific region.
2. All employees are required to wear surgical masks when they commute via public transportation.
3. All employees and guests are required to be taken temperature before they enter the office. If someone’s temperature exceeds the predetermined number, he/she is not allowed to enter the office.
4. All employees are required to take temperature check twice a day. If someone’s temperature exceeds the predetermined number, he/she has to go to hospital immediately.
5. Our bank enforces distributed working practice where we distribute employees who share similar job function to working offices.
6. Food and good delivery must be taken outside of working environments.
7. We keep close tracks on employees’ recent travel and exposure history, especially those who have been to most affected regions or get touched with others from infected area.
If you operate a contact center how have you adapted to manage the pandemic?
We cope with pandemic influence on our customer service from three different angles, space management and backup, employee management and backup, and system support.
1. Space backup: CUB’s customer center has 5 offices located at three different sites.
2. Space segmentation: The spaces in 5 offices has been divided into different blocks and fixed traffic flows. Such measure can lower the chance of cross infection and complete shutdown due to an office outbreak.
3. Employee backup: Employees in our customer center are equipped with multiple skillsets so that we can adjust our working group according to different situations or assign members to support coworkers in other offices.
4. Intelligent customer service resources: Our intelligent customer service, a virtual customer assistant, can cover more than 90% of the center’s operation. If the pandemic severely influences our workforce, our intelligent customer service is still able to cope with a majority of problems.
5. Work from home: Our intelligent customer service will be the front-line to handle customers’ problems. If those questions can’t be addressed by the system, our quarantined CSRs are still able to take over the job.
What recommendations can you share with others who are looking for ideas on what they can do to help manage the effects of the virus on their business?
The management in customer contact centers should ascertain all resources at hand, including location, space, human power and system. If the intelligent customer service and VDI are not ready, we suggest the following measures can be taken.
1. Employee backup plan: You can proactively collate all employees’ skillsets. By separating employees who share similar job function into different groups and assigning them to different working offices, you can prevent sudden business shutdown because of infection.
2. Working space backup and segmentation plan: You can carefully plan and adopt distributed working practice. Otherwise, you can segment working space into different regions and monitor the employees’ traffic flow. Once there is a confirmed case in one working space, coworkers in backup offices can still perform their duties.
If you operate a center - has call, email, chat traffic increased, decreased or stayed the same since the virus emerged? AND, if its changed up or down how? and how have you managed the change?
Volume of Inbound Calls
By and large, the overall service volume has decreased. The influences are elaborated as below.
1. Because of coronavirus, Taiwan government enforces self-management and mandatory home quarantine. Additionally, the government also warns people not to go to public places and reduce the frequency of traveling abroad to lower the possibility of getting infected.
2. Nevertheless, some people who can’t return to their positions because of the pandemic will have needs of late credit card payment or personal loans. Therefore, we expect that the volume of service pertaining to those business will increase.
Adjustment of Management of Customer Contact Center
During the period of coronavirus, employees sometimes are required to do self-management and home quarantine. Under the circumstance where the overall volume decreases, our contact center will arrange employees’ online training to enhance various skillsets. The training program not only includes professional knowledge but also diverse learning content, such as language and coding, to encourage employees to take courses. Furthermore, we encourage our employees to schedule their personal leaves in advance so that there won’t be a sudden burst of vacancy during the period of high volume after the pandemic.
Before the virus hit, did you have an emergency plan should something like this happen? and if so, did your plans work as expected?
We have established distributed working practice, employee backup plan and intelligent customer system before the outbreak of coronavirus. Those practices and system work well and smoothly during this outbreak.
If you can add some notes about your business to help readers understand what your center and/or company does, please add them here.
Cathay United bank (CUB) is a commercial bank with a leading position in retail banking. Our contact center’s service coverage ranges from deposits, Loans, wealth management, and credit card and so on.
We provide such customer services through multiple channels including phone, Email, Live chat, and social media. Additionally, we now offer AI chatbot to let our customers perform self-service.
CUB manages the Pandemic crises from different angles such as location, space, workforce and system.
The details are listed as below.
1. Reducing person contact to reduce the risk of mass contagion.
2. Reducing frequency of holding large offline meetings and holding telephone meetings or conference meeting instead.
3. When the government discloses the itinerary of infected person, CUB encourages employees who have the chance of contacting the person to report to CUB and perform home quarantine.
4. If an employee has traveling abroad history and feel illness, he/she must report to the bank proactively. If the employee has suspected syndromes within 14 days, he/she should dial the infection prevention line and go to hospital in surgical mask.
Lastly, any other comments or opinions you can share about the effects of this virus on your business or the people working in your company?
Because Taiwan has been through SARS period in 2003, Taiwan government and people are highly aware of the severity of coronavirus. Therefore, when our bank enforces related measures (listed as below), our employees show high cooperation.
1. Setting up temperature check stations and disinfectant supplies at each entrance
2. Taking temperature check periodically by assigned staff
3. Wearing masks in meetings and elevators
About Cathay United Bank:
Cathay United Bank (CUB) is Taiwan largest private bank which is one of the subsidiaries of Cathay Financial Holdings. CUB has 165 branches in Taiwan and 67 overseas offices. CUB provides comprehensive financial services ranging from deposit, loan, credit card, wealth management, corporate banking and global transaction service to individuals and corporate. In particular, CUB has a strong position in retail banking where we have the largest market share in credit card business and second for wealth management and bancassurance.
Published: Tuesday, April 28, 2020
|1.)||Call Center Studio|
Call Center Studio
Call Center Studio is the world’s first call center built on Google and is one of the most secure and stable systems with some of the industry’s best reporting. It is one of the most full-featured enterprise grade systems (with the most calling features, one of the best call distribution, outbound dialing features and integrations—including IVR, AI Speech Recognition, blended inbound/outbound calling and includes Google’s new Dialogflow and Speech API. Call Center Studio is the absolute easiest to use (with a 10 minute setup), and is the price performance leader with lower equipment cost and less setup time.
DaVinci provides Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) to a library of pre-built applications + UXiPaaS (User Experience Integration Platform as a Service) built specifically for contact centers. As contact center needs evolve, organizations need to have access to extend or create new functionality, without waiting to be a part of a software roadmap. Get the benefits of CTI within your CRM like screen pop, click-to-dial, screen transfer, speed dial and more, but future-proof your contact center so you can expand and integrate how and when you want.
CLink for CRM and Call Center Integration
CLink by Comsys is a middleware that connects in real-time the CRM and the contact center applications. CLink enhances the CRM with interaction management capabilities from the contact center that allow agents to work more productively across all communication channels.
Comsys is a provider of οmnichannel customer engagement solutions that assist companies around the world in delivering unique customer experiences. For the last 15 years, Comsys designs and implements complex projects for clients from the outsourcing, financial services, telecommunications, and retail sectors. Comsys enjoys strategic partnerships with technology vendors like Cisco®, Aspect Software®, and Microsoft® for the delivery of innovative interaction management and contact center optimization solutions.
Today’s call centers need their agents to work more naturally, and respond better and faster. Here, we talk about the innovations Consilium has made with the latest desktop and mobile agent releases of the UniAgent™ CRM connector. From small enterprises to Fortune 500 companies and governments across 110 countries, UniAgent™ comes into action right at the moment of reckoning, making every contact center experience engaging and personalized, powered by simplified customer identification and anticipating customer needs.
UniAgent™ provides CRM integrations between all the Cisco contact center solutions (UCCX, PCCE, UCCE and HCS-CC) and over 20 CRMs, such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365...
IntraNext Systems develops agent efficiency tools and data security software solutions for medium-to-large contact centers. Our Event Intelligence® Platform solutions include SmartCTI™, iGuard®, and SmartSIP™. SmartSIP is based on our patented SIP layer technology and provides a DTMF masking solution for VoIP environments.
We know how important it is for a business to obtain data from its customers and to manage them effectively, so we help small to large companies by integrating their CRM with the Virtual Switchboard.
This type of integration will simplify the work of your team and improve the management performance of the contact list and its information.
NovelVox CTI Connector
NextGen Cisco Finesse, Genesys & Avaya Embedded CTI Connectors for Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, ServiceNow, Zendesk & more.
What is PhoneIQ?
PhoneIQ is the modern cloud phone system and contact center platform built exclusively for companies on Salesforce. Our all-in-one cloud communications platform brings together power dialing, local presence, voicemail drop, Salesforce call routing, call recording and a complete PBX replacement that lives within your CRM. With support for desktop, mobile, and desk phones, PhoneIQ works seamlessly at the office or remote, logging all interactions in Salesforce and generating reports in real-time.
Companies using Salesforce and looking for a phone system, dialer, or contact center software that provides deep integration capabilities with their CRM and expert Salesforce support.
Easy Contact Center Traffic Analytics (Ec2Traffic)
Prilink Ec2Traffic provides network traffic analytics (NTA) for Internet, SIP Trunk and WebRTC traffic for on-premises and cloud Contact Centers.
Ec2Traffic analyzes network layer 2 to 4, RTP and SRTP packet loss and SIP protocols in real-time from the demarcation point or network edge, generating NTA metadata and requires little telemetry bandwidth.
- Year-round NTA metadata
- Daily CSV files upload to Customer business applications
- Capture packet to Wireshark for Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- detect traffic anomalies
- and more ....
|10.)||Teckinfo Solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
InterDialog UCCS - a robust contact/ call center software that helps organizations provide a seamless customer experience across all channels in the customer service journey. All interactions from various channels come to a single unified queue on the InterDialog platform. With unified view agents get to see all historical interactions , enabling him to give a resolution quickly. InterDialog UCCS is a comprehensive Contact/Call Center Software with robust CTI, Unified Q ( ACD), Reporting, Unified Agent Management, Administrator, Supervisor - Monitoring (Pmonitor)
|11.)||The Primas Group|
Primas CX is a CTI-based contact center enhancement suite that takes your contact center software to the next level.
It provides a set of tools that every contact center needs, over and above their vendor features.
*Advanced Call Back in Queue & SMS in Queue
*Agent Screen Pop
*Welcome Back Greeting
*Post Contact Survey
*Dropped Call Reconnect
*Digital Front Door & Many more
As a Vendor Agnostic ISV, we pride ourselves on delivering the best COTS & Custom solutions for any contact center in any industry.
I am checking out all the amazing and daily updated content on ContactCenterWorld.com and networking with professionals worldwide
Send To Friends Post On My Wall