2017 BEST PRACTICEs CONFERENCES SERIES - BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY!
EUROPE, Middle EAST & AFRICASTARTS IN:
NORTH and south americasSTARTS IN:
ORLANDO, FL USA
asia pacificSTARTS IN:
KOTA KINABALU, MALAYSIA
News : 12 Percent Growth in Healthcare IT Outsourcing is Forecasted
Facing tapering margins, regulatory reforms and evolving customer-centricity, the global healthcare industry will step up its investments in technology in an effort to trim expenses and enable innovation. Consequently, the global healthcare ITO market is expected to grow at 12 percent compound annual growth rate between 2014 and 2020, reaching US$68.3 billion in 2020, according to a new research published by Everest Group.
"The healthcare provider segment is expected to witness the highest percentage growth in ITO activity during 2014-2020, as compared to the life sciences and payer segments," said Abhishek Singh, practice director at Everest Group. "Through new IT investments, healthcare providers will be making up for their historical lag in technology adoption and gearing up for various mandates such as payer-provider convergence, patient-centric care, evolving reimbursement models, and value-chain digitization."
The full report provides an overview of the IT market for the healthcare provider industry, which includes large health systems, stand-alone hospitals and clinics, pharmacists, physician practices and diagnostic laboratories. Everest Group’s analysis includes trends in the healthcare industry, market trends and activity related to large contract relationships, the service provider landscape, the significance of technology opportunities and the outlook for 2016-2017.
Other key findings:
- The global healthcare ITO market reached $34.5 billion in 2014; this healthy 9 percent year-on-year growth was led by strong growth in the healthcare provider and life sciences segments of the market and was partially offset by a decline in the payer segment.
- Regulatory requirements, payer-provider convergence, customer-centric care and M&As/restructuring will fuel growth in global healthcare ITO market.
- North America continues to remain the principal region for large-sized provider ITO transaction activity.
- Within the healthcare provider ITO segment, over US$9 billion worth of contracts are due for renewal between 2016 and 2020.
- Patient engagement and population health management (PHM) have become the predominant mandates being actualized by healthcare providers through technology.
- Service provider organizations looking at succeeding in this market need to focus on building expertise in key service lines, developing/acquiring talent and skills demanded by providers, and aligning themselves with the evolving vendor engagement models.
Posted by Laura Collins, Editorial Management
Today's Tip of the Day - Complaints
More Editorial From Everest Group
About Everest Group:
Everest Group is an advisor to business leaders on the next generation of global services with a worldwide reputation for helping Global 1000 firms dramatically improve their performance by optimizing their back- and middle-office business services. With a fact-based approach driving outcomes, Everest Group counsels organizations with complex challenges related to the use and delivery of global services in their pursuits to balance short-term needs with long-term goals.
Published: Monday, February 1, 2016