2017 BEST PRACTICEs CONFERENCES SERIES - BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY!
EUROPE, Middle EAST & AFRICASTARTS IN:
NORTH and south americasSTARTS IN:
ORLANDO, FL USA
asia pacificSTARTS IN:
KOTA KINABALU, MALAYSIA
News : Jobs Available in Independence Day Job Fair
June 9, 2014 -- Some 35,000 opportunities will be available for jobseekers at the Department of Labor and Employment's Independence Day job fair at the Rizal Park in Manila.
Undersecretary Ciriaco Lagunzad III made the disclosure in a report to Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz, who is on official business abroad.
The DOLE Metro Manila office said it was partnering with 96 employers and companies for Thursday's job fair. The employers include 71 local firms offering 8,957 local jobs and 20 land- and sea-based licensed overseas recruitment agencies with 10,000 job vacancies.
Even government agencies such as the Philippine Air Force, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Philippine National Police, and Bureau of Internal Revenue have offered 11,498 jobs.
Most of the local job vacancies are for professional and technical-vocational workers. Some of the vacancies include:
- Cyber services industry: customer service representatives; call center agents; reporting specialists; facilities managers; technical support representatives; collection specialists; network processing associates; data analysts; sales support representatives; accounting specialists; software testers; JAVA developers; IT professionals; IT programmers; messengers; graphic artists; web developers; web designers; systems administrators; systems programmers; sales consultants; technical support staff; call center engineers; service engineers; logistics staff; HR supervisors; visual artists; encoders; technical engineers; senior web and graphics designers; content/ copy writers; game testers; MIS supervisors; MIS assistants; and senior PHP programmer web applications.
-Hotel and restaurant/tourism industry: front desk officers; waiters/waitresses; room attendants; bellman; kitchen helpers; concierge; laundry staff; maintenance staff; shift managers; dining personnel; dining supervisors; kitchen personnel; production crew; restaurant management trainees; cooks; stewards; quality controllers; store/area managers; HR administrative assistants; recruitment staff; accountants; commissary operations managers; store supervisors; event specialists; uniform & linen supervisors; and room attendants.
-In the health and wellness industry, the vacancies are for branch operators; sales supervisors; sales consultants; branch operations associates; front desk officers; marketing assistants; new account consultants; therapists; pharmacy assistants; pharmacists; massage therapists; cashiers; receptionists; medical technologists; radiologic technicians; clinic managers; company drivers; air conditioning technicians; manicurists; salon managers; salon stylists; fragrance consultants; beauty consultants; beauty therapists; spa supervisors; spa gym instructors; and spa receptionists.
- Wholesale and retail trade industries: sales associates; sales marketing officers; cashiers; store supervisors; accounting assistants; office staff; production assistants; office management trainees; store management trainees; assistant brand managers; account executives; security guards; lady guards; salon managers; salon senior stylists; manicurists; merchandisers; stockman; inventory assistants; store clerks; auditors; credit & collection associates; HR training assistants; merchandisers; warehouse managers; and truck drivers (4- and 6-wheelers).
- Construction industry: architects; electrical engineers; safety officers; safety engineers; field engineers; civil engineers; pipe welders; heavy equipment drivers; surveyors; formworks engineers; rebar engineers; estimators; senior electrical design engineers; senior mechanical engineers; masons; carpenters; design and cost engineers; welders; material control engineers; and painters.
- Automotive industry: motor pool staff; tinsmiths; auto painters; washers; machinists; transport associates; drivers; electroplaters; auto electricians; assembly line technicians; chassis fabricators; and welders.
- Banking, education, insurance, finance, logistics, real estate: chemists; branch managers; sales assistants; industrial engineers; industrial designers; billing assistants; janitors; service estimators; service warranty assistants; financial analysts; bank tellers; relationship officers; accounting clerks; branch managers; administrative assistants; guidance counselors; payroll clerks; admission officers; housekeeping engineers; human resource officers; physical plant officers; training officers; couriers; and auditors.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - SWAT Team
More Editorial From Department of Labor and Employment
About Department of Labor and Employment:
Published: Tuesday, June 10, 2014