News : Airtel to Invest to Improve Customer Experience
New Delhi, India, Nov 30, 2015 -- Bharti Airtel is planning to invest money over the next three years to offer improved customer experience across service categories that ranges from wireless, wireline, home broadband and fibre to the home (FTTH).
The company today launched a project, nicknamed ‘Leap’, wherein it would revamp its entire network, upgrade to new communication technologies, add more sites and deploy multiple coverage enhancing solutions like small cells and WiFi hot spots.
"We are confident that this new initiative will deliver a truly differentiated customer experience and reinforce our commitment to build a future ready network," Airtel’s CEO for India and South Asia, Gopal Vittal said.
The project Leap outlines 10 different aspects of the strategy.
1. Airtel will deploy over 70,000 base stations in FY 15-16. In three years, Airtel will deploy over 160,000 base stations, effectively doubling its presence from what it has today on the ground.
2. Broadband for all in India. Airtel will expand its mobile broadband coverage to all towns and over 250,000 villages by March 2016.
3. Airtel will deploy a range of solutions including small cells, carrier aggregation solutions, wi-fi and the use of multiple technologies across different spectrum bands. This will enable the company to provide coverage on both voice and data services inside buildings across cities.
4. An internet backbone to serve the growing demand of data services in India. Airtel will cumulatively deploy domestic & international fiber in order to drive down latency, improve customer experience and serve the growing demand of data services for years to come.
5. Airtel will swap its legacy networks and base stations over a three year period and replace them with smaller, more compact and efficient technologies that will significantly improve customer experience. All these modern base stations will use a single radio access network to manage multiple spectrum bands.
GO FOR GOLD AND REPRESENT YOUR NATION!
Awards for all levels of staff and a fantastic range of corporate awards for contact centers! Click on the banner for details!
6. Airtel will modernize its home broadband network by upgrading its Copper assets through Vectoring Technology.
7. Airtel will use its extensive domestic infrastructure to deploy a range of solutions that include fiber to the building as well as Internet Wireless Access Network (IWAN).
8. Airtel will invest in a broad range of tools that includes SON (Self Optimising Networks for automatic network optimization), Geo spatial network tools for targeted network planning, capacity enhancements, CEM (Customer experience management) as well as software defined networks that will dramatically improve customer experience.
9. Airtel will make substantial investments in green technologies over the next three years. It will deploy modern and lesser power consuming radio technologies that include compact base stations and small cells. It will also leverage multiple band antennas and deploy new battery technologies that will significantly lower energy consumption and reduce diesel dependency.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Where The System Breaks Down
More Editorial From Bharti
Bharti Enterprises is an Indian business conglomerate headquartered in New Delhi, India. It was founded in 1976 by Sunil Bharti Mittal and it operates in 20 countries across Asia and Africa.
Published: Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
ConSol Limited is a provider of Contact Centre services, Customer Management Solutions and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) to the Information Communication Industry in West Africa. ConSol bridges t...
Five9 is a provider of cloud software for the enterprise contact center market, bringing the power of the cloud to thousands of customers and facilitating approximately three billion customer interact...
DialogTech, the combination of Ifbyphone and Mongoose Metrics, provides the only platform for end-to-end call attribution and conversion essential for data-driven marketers. DialogTech's platform solv...