News : Blue Cross Paying To Resolve Customer Complaints
Dec 11, 2014 -- Montana's health insurance provider is paying to resolve hundreds of complaints.
State Insurance Commissioner Monica Lindeen and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana announced the settlement Thursday.
That's to settle hundreds of customer service complaints.
Half of the money will go to the state general fund and half to the newly formed Center for Mental Health Research and Recovery at Montana State University.
Lindeen said her office received three times the complaints against Blue Cross in the first half of 2014 as it did in the same period last year.
As part of the settlement with Blue Cross, the company has agreed to take steps to improve its customer service.
In a statement, Blue Cross noted that it has been going through "the most transformative time in the history of our industry" and had never before seen such a degree of change in its 75-year history.
Complying with the Affordable Care Act, Blue Cross implemented hundreds of "new product configurations and benefit designs" and enrolled 42,000 members, or about 70 percent of all the individual plans sold in Montana.
As a result, some customer services issues arose, the company said, and it has since devoted more resources and tools to customer services.
2018 Top Ranking Performers Present:
CONTACT CENTER & CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
BERLIN - ORLANDO - MACAOFIND OUT MORE!
Among the improvements, according to Blue Cross:
- Establishing a dedicated call center team for individual policyholders to fix customer service issues
- Substantially increasing the number of call center staff, including adding a 24/7 customer hotline to answer member calls more quickly
- Offering members a way to access and print online 30-day temporary ID cards to verify proof of coverage
- Offering an online chat capability and online enrollment tracker to allow members and applicants to communicate directly with a sales representative and to track their enrollment progress
- Establishing a special appeals team to focus specifically on individual policyholder appeals
- Continuing to offer various fast-track and escalation processes to more quickly resolve customer issues
- Dedicating two full-time employees to work with the CSI on addressing consumer complaints to speed up resolution for the member.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Patronising Agents
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana provides Montanans with health and wellness solutions along with customer service.
Published: Friday, December 12, 2014
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Avaya is a recognized innovator, leading business communications for the digital age. Avaya delivers smart global solutions and technologies for customer and team engagement, unified communications an...
Maintaining multi-channel customer support via phone, fax, web and email can be a heavy burden for a company to bear. In addition to maintaining a high quality support system that takes advantage of t...
|Bright Pattern Inc|
Bright Pattern is an effective cloud contact center software which helps businesses to simplify multichannel service. Bright Pattern’s solution features enterprise-grade architecture that offers n...