CallMiner, a provider of speech and customer engagement interaction analytics, released a new research study – Customer Experience Insights from the Pandemic: Brand Performance, Consumer Preferences and Lessons Learned. The study uncovers how brands responded to the pandemic, the ongoing impact on customer preferences and behavior, and how organizations can leverage newly gained insights to deliver exceptional customer experience now and going forward. CallMiner surveyed more than 2,000 consumers in June 2020.
"We set out to discover how brands performed during the pandemic and uncovered much more, including a growing demand for human-to-human connection and service," said Eric Williamson, chief marketing officer at CallMiner. "Our research found that 77% of consumers called customer support despite warnings of long wait times and encouragement from brands to use self-service channels. Fifty two percent said they used the phone for customer service more than usual during the pandemic, preferring it over social media and self-service options."
Select highlights of the study include:
- Brands struggled to meet consumer needs. Most organizations failed to monitor and adapt to new customer inquiries, requests and desires. Nearly 40% of respondents said 75-100% of their calls mentioned coronavirus, yet 30% said agents were only "somewhat" able to answer their coronavirus-related questions or concerns with accuracy and credibility.
- Customers value speed, empathy and flexibility. The top three customer service qualities that consumers value during the pandemic are speed to resolution, empathy and flexibility, and the ability of agents to answer questions quickly.
- Remote contact centers caused internal and external challenges. Sixty-nine percent of respondents were aware that most call center agents were working from home. Sixty percent encountered issues with at-home agents, including delays to information, noise and disruptions, the inability to process certain requests, and abrupt hang-ups or failed transfers.
- Connecting emotionally is key to brand differentiation. Of the customers that switched providers during the pandemic, nearly 45% said they would have stayed if brands delivered a better customer experience or connected with them on a human level.
- CallMiner found that consumers who recently switched providers contacted customer service more often throughout the pandemic than those who didn’t switch, and 80% of consumers said they will stay loyal to the brands that provided great customer experience during the pandemic.
"Extracting and operationalizing consumer insights is especially critical during times of crisis, when preferences and needs change rapidly. Brands must empower customer service agents with the intelligence they need to respond and connect emotionally with customers, and leverage insights from interactions to proactively address concerns and improve the customer experience," said Paul Bernard, CEO of CallMiner.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
CallMiner is a provider of enterprise speech analytics. CallMiner believes that resolution is the fundamental driver of positive customer experiences. With the tagline “Listen to Your Customers, Improve Your Business” our goal is to help companies automate the overwhelming process of extracting insight from phone calls, chats, emails and social media to dramatically improve customer service and sales, reduce the cost of service delivery, mitigate risk, and identify areas for process and product improvement. Highlighted by multiple customer achievement awards, including six Speech Technology awards in the past four years, CallMiner has consistently ranked number one in customer satisfaction, including surveys conducted by DMG Consulting and Ovum.
Published: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
|1.)||Call Center Studio|
Call Center Studio
Call Center Studio is the world’s first call center built on Google and is one of the most secure and stable systems with some of the industry’s best reporting. It is one of the most full-featured enterprise grade systems (with the most calling features, one of the best call distribution, outbound dialing features and integrations—including IVR, AI Speech Recognition, blended inbound/outbound calling and includes Google’s new Dialogflow and Speech API. Call Center Studio is the absolute easiest to use (with a 10 minute setup), and is the price performance leader with lower equipment cost and less setup time.
PH: +1 512-872-7565
|2.)||Teckinfo Solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
InterDialog UCCS inbound call center software caters to all incoming customer requests. These incoming requests can come through any channel of customer’s choice e.g. voice, video, email, chat, WhatsApp, facebook etc.. company page or from an integrated website chat. Using InterDailog UCCS call centers can respond to inquiries of the customers and they can also register the complaints of customer as a customer support desk.
Voiptime Contact Center
Our contact center solution allows processing the high volume of client requests from different channels (voice, webchat, email, web callbacks), running massive outbound dialing campaigns, and makes all call center operations visible for management. Voiptime Cloud Contact Center is a professional calling solution for outbound and inbound calls. It’s a plug-and-play software that immediately increases the productivity of your call center department. With the help of our solution you are able to:
- Automate lead prospecting and have 4x more live conversations daily;
- Increase the agent occupancy up to 80-90% with the help of the fastest Predictive dialer;
- Smooth out the peaks of calls by...