News : Consumers Say In-Person Service is Essential to Create the Connected Home
Englewood, CO, USA, Oct 24, 2017 -- CSG International (NASDAQ: CSGS), a global partner to launch and monetize digital services, announces results of its market survey The Future of the Digital Experience: Connected Service Edition.
Through an independent research firm, CSG polled 2,000 consumers across five countries to learn how consumers will prefer to connect home automation and other smart devices that are part of the Internet of Things (IoT). The survey results indicate that although consumers will seek both online and in-person help sources, when it comes to connecting multiple smart devices in their homes, consumers will seek skilled, in-person help.
"Survey respondents have predicted that professional, technical resources will play a significant role in bridging the gap between consumers and the world of devices around us," said Chad Dunavant, vice president of product management at CSG International. "CSG’s Workforce Express enables a mobile workforce of 65,000 of the Pay TV industry’s field technicians who are already receiving service requests for smart devices such as TVs, phones and home security. There is a clear opportunity for Pay TV providers to evolve the skills of their field service technicians to capitalize on the growing consumer-based IoT market."
2018 Top Ranking Performers Present:
CONTACT CENTER & CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
BERLIN - ORLANDO - MACAOFIND OUT MORE!
Key insights from the survey include:
- Most respondents expect to connect home security and monitoring systems (49 percent) and smart home automation devices such as remote light controls and door locks (48 percent) in the next three years.
- Help is wanted to make both simple and complex connections. Consumers cited both online resources and in-person help as resources for device installations.
- Respondents reported that they believe 67 percent of consumers will be not at all confident to do complex installations on their own, and 44 percent believe that consumers will be only somewhat confident to complete even simple (single device) installs on their own.
- 84 percent of respondents believe that consumers will want help from a skilled technical resource to connect just two to five devices.
- A connected service provider needs a good app and a good reputation. When it comes to knowing that a technician is on their way, consumers expect a personal interaction will still be important.
- 74 percent prefer a phone call or text directly from the technician.
- 58 percent of respondents said that finding a reputable company to provide their technical help was their most important criteria – outweighing both on-demand access to help and the lowest cost option.
- Consumers are open to help from Pay TV field technicians. According to survey results, consumers will seek in-person help to connect multiple devices in the home and are open to their Pay TV field technician as a source of technical expertise.
- Existing Pay TV customers said that if their cable or satellite service technician could connect the smart home, 89 percent said they expect that consumers will be very likely to use the service and 87 percent held this belief for repair and troubleshooting issues.
- Much like calling a taxi for nearly instant transportation, if professional technical help could be requested in the moment that installation or repair service was needed, 39 percent believe consumers will want on-demand installation or repair service ½ - ¾ of the time.
Countries polled included the U.S.A., Mexico, Brazil, Australia and Malaysia. All survey respondents reported that they use cable, satellite television or paid television service on a regular basis.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Train In Sensitivity
More Editorial From CSG International
About CSG International:
CSG Systems International, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGS) is a market-leading business support solutions and services company serving the majority of the top 100 global communications service providers, including leaders in fixed, mobile and next-generation networks such as AT&T, Comcast, DISH Network, France Telecom, MasterCard, Orange, T-Mobile, Telefonica, Time Warner Cable, Vodafone, Vivo and Verizon.
Published: Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Cisco provides Unified Customer Contact solutions that extend customer care beyond simple phone transactions and the traditional contact centre to unique content-rich customer centric experiences. The...
Salesforce.com delivers software-as-service offering a family of on demand solutions for integrated sales force automation, campaign management, customer service and support, and document and file man...
Teleperformance is a global provider of customer experience management in terms of revenue and global scale. We are the industry leader in security and our management has over 30 years of experience w...