News : Council Doubles Online Contacts in Three Years
Newport City, Wales, May 19, 2015 -- A local authority in Wales has increased the proportion of residents accessing its services via the internet from 25% to 53% in the space of three years, saving money.
Newport City Council said the spike in take-up had followed a "sustained campaign" to bring about behavioural change, including a customer-focused redesign and redevelopment of its website based on areas accessed most frequently.
The authority said that in 2012, 75% of transactions were conducted face-to-face or via other mediated channels, with the remaining 25% through self-service. It set a target of increasing online self-service levels to 45% by 2017.
A council spokeswoman said the target had been reached and exceeded two years early with the aid of new customer-insight research that allowed it to better target residents’ suitability to migrate to online access, automated phone lines and self-service payment machines.
"The council took the innovative approach of profiling and segmenting each household across the city based on their likelihood and preference to self-serve and access information online," she said.
‘This information was then uploaded to each individual address within the council’s management system and a screen ‘pop up’ message for city contact staff to target those most likely to self-serve when they rang the contact centre.
GO FOR GOLD AND REPRESENT YOUR NATION!
The 2018 13th annual Top Ranking Performers Global Awards are open until 31st Dec 2017
Awards for all levels of staff and a fantastic range of corporate awards for contact centers! Click on the banner for details!
"Another element to raise awareness was the use of an integrated communications campaign."
She added that funding had also been sourced to address skills shortages among residents, including training more than 50 frontline staff to help residents at council premises where public computers can be accessed.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Motivation & Charity Work
About Newport City Council:
Newport City Council is the governing body for the city of Newport, one of the subdivisions of Wales within the United Kingdom.
Published: Monday, May 25, 2015
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Maintaining multi-channel customer support via phone, fax, web and email can be a heavy burden for a company to bear. In addition to maintaining a high quality support system that takes advantage of t...
Altitude Software is a privately-owned, independent company, and a technology provider in contact center solutions, with its Unified Customer Interaction(uCI) product line. Founded in 1993, Altitude S...
BroadSoft provides software that enables mobile, fixed-line, and cable service providers to deliver voice and multimedia services over their IP-based networks. The Company's software, BroadWorks(R), e...