News : Emergency Call Center Passes Inspection
Clermont County, OH, USA, July 1, 2015 -- Clermont County’s Bauer Road Communications Tower passed an inspection on June 24 after a fire inspector found multiple violations when the radio system went dead on June 12.
The system went dead for 20 minutes because the temperature in the equipment room rose to 148 degrees after the air conditioning units failed.
When Central Joint Fire-EMS District Chief Kevin Riley brought fans to the equipment room in case of another heat related emergency, he found multiple fire code violations.
By June 24, when the tower underwent an inspection by Assistant Fire Chief Roy Short, all violations were remedied, according to a press release from the county.
"All of the violations have been corrected in the Bauer Tower," Riley said.
The county removed all paper and cardboard items and anything blocking exits, removed multiplug adapters, replaced emergency lighting, fixed cabinet ventilation, posted address signs outside the tower and installed permanent electrical wiring and removed extension cords, according to the release.
The untidiness and temporary wiring were due to the county transitioning to a new Motorola system.
The old and new systems were running simultaneously for awhile and some of the hardwiring had not been completed yet, said Kathleen Williams, county communications coordinator.
The Clermont County Commissioners approved the purchase of a Motorola MOSCAD monitoring system.
The monitoring system will alert staff if another temperature swing happens in the future, along with other circumstances, said Williams.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Answering Customers’ Questions
More Editorial From Clermont County Communication Center
Published: Friday, July 3, 2015