News : Premise-Based Call Centers Target Cloud Migrations
June 5, 2014 -- A new survey of North American call centers has revealed that many premise-based centers are interested in the cloud. Here are the details.
A new survey from Evolve IP and the Contact Center & Customer Care Industry Professional Network (CCNG) revealed 70 percent of premise-based call centers are planning cloud migrations.
The 2014 North American Call Center Survey showed nearly 78 percent of today's call centers are premise-based, but 70 percent of them plan to move to the cloud.
These respondents cited greater scalability, lower total cost of ownership and the ability to more easily employ work from home agents as the main reasons they were interested in cloud migrations.
"There is high interest in leveraging cloud solutions to expand contact center capabilities to improve customer service and the overall customer experience," CCNG International CEO David Hadobas said in a prepared statement.
Other survey findings included the following:
- The top investment priorities for call centers for 2014 were business intelligence (BI), customer relationship management (CRM) and workforce management (WFM) tools.
- Nearly 20 percent of the organizations surveyed did not have a disaster recovery (DR) plan in place.
- More than half of those surveyed did not have the ability for their agents to be fully functional from home in the event of a power outage/disaster at their office.
- More than a quarter of those surveyed had no downtime in their call centers over the past 12 months, and another 24 percent only had one incident of downtime during that period.
- 61 percent of the call centers surveyed had agents working in more than one location, and 10 percent had representatives dispersed across more than 20 different locations.
"The findings of the survey confirm what we hear in the field daily – that cloud technologies are enabling call centers to change the way organizations work," said Rich Fox, director of Evolve IP's contact center division.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Anticipate Volatility
More Editorial From Evolve IP
About Evolve IP:
Evolve IP is a leading cloud-based technology provider that offers businesses a better way to buy and manage their applications, infrastructure, and security solutions. We help organizations outsource technologies that are not within the budget, skills, or focus of their IT resources. Evolve IP customers upgrade their legacy environment without capital expense, accomplish more with enhanced features, increase stability and control with an award winning portal and reduce their carbon footprint, which allows them to focus on their core business and reduce costs.
Published: Friday, June 6, 2014
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Convergys delivers consistent, quality customer experiences in 58 languages and from more than 150 locations around the globe. We partner with our clients to improve customer loyalty, reduce costs, an...
global provider of contact center services and back-office processing
Maintaining multi-channel customer support via phone, fax, web and email can be a heavy burden for a company to bear. In addition to maintaining a high quality support system that takes advantage of t...