News : Fire at Call Centre in Northwest Delhi
New Delhi, India, Oct 15, 2015 -- A major fire on Thursday broke out at a building in northwest Delhi's Netaji Subhash Place area, prompting the authorities to evacuate hundreds of people.
However, there was no report of any casualty or injury in the fire which broke out this morning , said a police officer.
The fire broke out around 10.45am and as many as 13 fire tenders were rushed to the spot. It took almost an hour for the firefighters to douse the flame, which was followed by a cooling operation, said a fire department official.
The fire broke out on the third and fourth floors of the building which housed a call centre. It was caused by a suspected short-circuit in a high-power battery present in the central server room of the office, the fire official added.
Around 500 persons were believed to be present in the two floors when the fire broke out, said the police officer, adding that investigation into the matter is underway.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Answering Customers’ Questions
Published: Monday, October 19, 2015