News : Get Phone Reconfigured When it Can't Dial 911
Davao, Philippines, Oct, 2017 -- Davao Central 911 chief Emmanuel Jaldon told the public to get their phone reconfigured or replaced by their respective telecommunication companies if they could not directly contact 911.
Jaldon, in his Facebook post on Friday, explained that it's the fault of the Public Safety Answering Point (Psap), the call center responsible for answering 911 calls.
He said there are some telecommunication companies who did not configure the cellular phones they sell to call 911.
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
"Some telcos sales outlets are selling cellphones that are not configured to call 911. If you experience dialing for emergency and you heard a voice prompt asking you to dial 117 that means your phone is not configured to call 911," Jaldon said.
This developed after many complaints raised by callers who claimed not being able to ask for emergency assistance.
"This is not a Davao City 911 Psap issue," he said.
Central 911 is also interconnected with telecommunications firms such as the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company, Bayantel, Globe, Smart, and Sun Cellular.
From January to June 2017, Central 911 received a total of 24,062 emergency calls, 16,247 calls or 67.52 percent were responded while the remaining 32.48 percent were not catered, cancelled, or referred to other agencies.
Calls were broken down to medical emergencies (8,019), law enforcement incidents (7,676), search and rescue (283), fire auxiliary services (154) and K9 services (115).
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - A Nice Treat
Published: Monday, October 9, 2017
|REACH for Telecom|
Reach is a Palestinian contact center for outsource telecommunications. Established in 2009, Reach is a member of PALTEL companies, offering performance-driven services, through multi-communication ch...
Saudi Telecom Group is a Saudi Arabia-based telecommunications company that offers landline, mobile and internet services.
Colt Group S.A. (trading as Colt Technology Services, formerly COLT Telecom Group S.A.) is a multinational telecommunications, IT managed services and data centre services company headquartered in Lon...
|PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia|
Telkom Group is the only state-owned telecommunications enterprise as well as telecommunications and network service providers in Indonesia. Telkom Group serves millions of customers throughout Indone...