News : Intelecom Sponsors ContactBabel’s Reseach into Interaction Routing
Intelecom, a provider of cloud-based contact centre solutions has sponsored ‘The Interaction Routing’ chapter of The UK Contact Centre Decision-Maker’s Guide 2015 (13th edition), published last month by contact centre analysts ContactBabel. The results, based on surveys conducted with over 200 UK organisations, demonstrate some interesting trends that reflect subtle changes in the use of call routing and highlight several notable differences between the smallest (below 50 seats) and largest (over 200 seats) contact centre operations today.
Borge Astrup, managing director of Intelecom Contact Centre Division commented,"The subject of enquiry routing often appears to be overlooked by marketers and even vendors in an industry where technical innovation is king. Yet the fact remains that routing is the foundation and glue of every contact centre. Without it, the contact centre operation would quickly fall apart. In an age when customers demand a far higher level of interaction with the organisations they do business with, sophisticated interaction routing capabilities are critical. Simply put, they ensure the right agent with the right skills responds to the customer to meet organisational objectives, keep costs low and enhance the overall customer experience."
2018 Top Ranking Performers Present:
CONTACT CENTER & CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
BERLIN - ORLANDO - MACAOFIND OUT MORE!
Highlights of ContactBabel’s research on Interaction Routing are:
- Integrated Voice Response (IVR) Routing - in terms of the number of menu levels provided to customers, 53% of mixed sales/service respondents present three or more menu levels, whereas 88% of entirely sales focused respondents report providing only one or more levels
- Size matters: 31% of respondents keep it simple with a single level of menu, eg, Press 1 for Sales; 2 for Service; 3 for Accounts whilst 54% of their larger counterparts regularly present a possible three or more routing levels of menu to their customers
- The larger and more complex the organisation, the greater the number of menu levels and options provided, with 70% of 200+ seat contact centres offering seven or more total routing options to their customers
- Routing calls based on current and past agent activity is still the most widely used routing strategy, with little real difference across contact centre sizes (72% of small, 81% of medium and 83% of large contact centres)
- Skills-based routing is now the second most popular routing strategy, particularly in contact centres with more than 200 seats (90%) where meaningful pools of skill-sets can be more easily created and used
- The larger the organisation, the greater the number of different agent skill-sets considered when using skills-based routing. Only 9% of small contact centres have more than ten identified skill-sets, compared with 55% combined for medium and large contact centres, versus the average across all groups of 21%
Today's Tip of the Day - Record Praise
More Editorial From Contact Babel
About Contact Babel:
ContactBabel, a contact center and CRM analyst firm, was set up in 2000 by Steve Morrell, a leading expert on the contact center industry.
Puzzel (formerly Intelecom) builds on 20 years’ heritage. It was one of the first pioneers to develop a cloud-based contact centre. Puzzel also encompasses leading mobile messaging and mobile payments to deliver a flexible and customisable customer interaction platform to meet the needs of today’s omni-channel and mobile environments. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Puzzel employs over 130 people who are all passionate about delivering innovative customer interaction solutions for contact centres and mobile environments.
Published: Thursday, January 7, 2016
Genesys® powers 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. Our success comes from connecting employee and customer conversations on any channel, every day. Over 10,000 companies in...
Teleopti is a global provider of workforce management (WFM) software, offering a WFM solution that is sophisticated, localised and easy to use. Teleopti focuses on helping contact centers, back office...
Aspect Software contact center and workforce optimization solutions engage consumers, empower agents, improve quality, and lower the cost of delivering remarkable experiences. Our cloud, private cloud...
|Genex Infosys Limited|
Genex Infosys is managed by a group of young and dynamic people having extensive knowledge and global exposure in the field of BPO and IT services. Genex is the largest BPO Company in Bangladesh is an...