News : jobs4america Recognizes US Contact Center Job Growth in Quarter Two
Chapel Hill, NC, Aug 25, 2014 -- Between April 1, 2014 and June 30, 2014, jobs4america recorded 16,395 net new US contact center jobs created.
"Once again, the numbers are showing that companies continue to recognize the value of US-based contact center agents," stated Matt Zemon, Chairman of jobs4america and CEO of American Support.
"We commend telecommunications companies like Asurion, Comcast and Frontier Communications along with financial service organizations such as Alliance Data and Nationwide Insurance for expanding their US operations," Zemon continued. "We also commend all the organizations that are choosing to outsource to BPOs with a strong US presence including Chime Soutions, IBEX Global, ACCT, Red Vetures and Targeted Metrics."
Jobs4america uses data compiled by Dallas-based Site Selection Group to record US job creation. For quarter one, the results are:
April 1, 2014 through June, 2014 Top 10 US Site Expansion/Openings:
1. Chime Solutions (1,120 in Morrow, GA)
2. IBEX Global (800 in Spring Hill, TN)
3. Asurion (800 in Las Vegas, NV)
4. Alliance Data (700 in Columbus, OH)
5. ACCT (625 in Junction City, KS)
6. Nationwide Insurance (600 in Columbus, OH)
7. Comcast (600 in Hudson, NH)
8. Red Ventures (580 in Charlotte, NC)
9. Frontier Communications (550 in Provo, UT)
10. Targeted Metrics (535 in Kansas City, KS)
January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012 Top 10 US Site Closure/Downsizing:
1. General Dynamics (645 in Sandy, UT)
2. Bank of America (540 in Charlotte, NC)
3. Express Scripts (418 in Ft. Worth, TX)
4. General Dynamics (300 in Lynne Haven, FL)
5. APAC (239 in Charlotte, NC)
6. Nielson (237 in Radcliff, KY)
7. Scarborough Research (220 in Sarasota, FL)
8. Convergys (200 in Watertown, NY)
9. AT&T (200 in Springfield, IL)
10. Century Link (160 in Seattle, WA)
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Information
More Editorial From jobs4america
Jobs4America is a coalition of forward-looking business leaders committed to creating jobs in America. With millions of Americans looking for work and new broadband enabled technologies transforming the way contact centers work, members of this new coalition are coming together to generate thousands of American contact center jobs. Jobs4America members are also helping to identify and encourage other companies, big and small, to join in this innovative campaign, with an overall goal to create a combined 100,000 US jobs over the next two years.
Published: Tuesday, August 26, 2014