News : Ministry Launches ‘ESDM 136’ Call Center to Increase Public Information Services
Jakarta, Indonesia, Aug 21, 2018 -- The Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry (ESDM) has just launched a call center, called ESDM 136, to boost its public information services. The number 136 can be dialed through landline and cell phones.
According to Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Ignasius Jonan, the call center seeks to help the general public interact with ministry when they have inquiries or need certain information pertaining to their day-to-day energy-related needs.
"With the ESDM 136 call center, I hope the ministry will be able to provide better services to the public, thereby boosting public trust in the ministry," Ignasius said.
Sponsor message - content continues below this message
Employee Engagement Awards NOW OPEN!
Enter your center,and compete for this prestigious award to attract new staff and show investors and customers you are #1 in your nation!!
Content continues ….
Besides the newly launched call center, the ministry is also reaching out to the public through its social media handles – Twitter account @KementerianESDM, Facebook account Kementerian Energi dan Sumber Daya Mineral, Instagram account @kesdm as well as YouTube channel Kementerian ESDM.
Five things you need to know about the ESDM 136 call center
1. The call center provides public information services related to business and economic matters, such as questions on energy and mineral resources business license issuances, rules and regulations as well as information related to geological disasters.
2. The call center does not replace the call centers operated by state-owned energy companies, such as electricity company PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara’s (PLN) 123, energy company PT Pertamina’s 1500-000 as well as gas distributor PT Perusahaan Gas Negara’s (PGN) 1500-645, to name a few. Therefore, customers who would like to air complaints about their electricity, oil fuel and liquefied petroleum gas subscriptions should contact these companies’ call centers.
3. Should the call center fail to respond immediately to an incoming call, it will attempt to contact you back later whether by sending you an email or calling you back based on the contact information you have left on its mailbox.
4. The call center applies local call tariffs to individuals across the country – including those who live outside Jakarta – who contact the ESDM 136 number. Callers from outside Jakarta are temporarily required to use the 021 area code to connect to the call center. The ministry will make a public announcement when the area code is no longer required for out-of-town callers.
5. The ministry will strive to continuously improve the call center with the adoption of artificial intelligence and cloud data system to upgrade its documentation functions as time goes by.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
Today's Tip of the Day - Customer Contact Points
Published: Wednesday, August 22, 2018