Vadodara, India, Nov, 2019 -- Obscene calls on her cellphone almost daily pushed Jaishree Patel (name changed), a resident of Bhavnagar, on the verge of losing her sanity around six months ago. She could neither confide to her kin or change her mobile number leading her to severe mental stress.
A few weeks later cops discovered the reason behind the calls: Someone had scribbled her mobile number on a wall of a public toilet in Ahmedabad district! Local cops erased her number from the wall thereby pouting an end to her misery too.
Patel is one of the 15,757 women of Gujarat who have undergone similar phone harassments in the last five years. The GVK- EMRI run 181 Abhayam helpline which help such women claim that the number of victims have increased every year since 2014.
Narendrasinh Gohil, general manager of GVK-EMRI said that the helpline had started an action desk to deal with telephonic harassment which is handled by counsellors and police constables.
"As women have become aware of the helpline, they approach us as more often than not, rural women are blamed by the family for the harassment," said Gohil. So, while a counsellor helps the victim come out of the trauma and learns how to block a harasser, the police contact the harasser and make him understand that his act is criminal in nature.
In 95% of the cases, the harassers stop bothering the women after the constables talk to them. The remaining 5% have faced legal action as the helpline members help the victim so that she can lodge a police complaint.
"If the caller is a known person, the harasser tries to take revenge of past enmity or broken relationship. They would call or send pictures to blackmail the female either for revenge or pressurize her to continue the relationship. Strangers make obscene demands or call merely for fun," Gohil added.
Posted by Veronica Silva Cusi, news correspondent
About GVK-EMRI Emergency Response Center:
PROVIDE HEALTHCARE FACILITIES TO THE ENTIRE STATE OF UTTARAKHAND IN INDIA. WE WORK ON THE SAME PRINCIPLE AS 911
Published: Monday, November 11, 2019
|1.)||Call Center Studio|
Call Center Studio
Call Center Studio is the world’s first call center built on Google and is one of the most secure and stable systems with some of the industry’s best reporting. It is one of the most full-featured enterprise grade systems (with the most calling features, one of the best call distribution, outbound dialing features and integrations—including IVR, AI Speech Recognition, blended inbound/outbound calling and includes Google’s new Dialogflow and Speech API. Call Center Studio is the absolute easiest to use (with a 10 minute setup), and is the price performance leader with lower equipment cost and less setup time.
PH: +1 512-872-7565
CLink for CRM and Call Center Integration
CLink by Comsys is a middleware that connects in real-time the CRM and the contact center applications. CLink enhances the CRM with interaction management capabilities from the contact center that allow agents to work more productively across all communication channels.
Comsys is a provider of οmnichannel customer engagement solutions that assist companies around the world in delivering unique customer experiences. For the last 15 years, Comsys designs and implements complex projects for clients from the outsourcing, financial services, telecommunications, and retail sectors. Comsys enjoys strategic partnerships with technology vendors like Cisco®, Aspect Software®, and Microsoft® for the delivery of innovative interaction management and contact center optimization solutions.
IntraNext Systems develops agent efficiency tools and data security software solutions for medium-to-large contact centers. Our Event Intelligence® Platform solutions include SmartCTI™, iGuard®, and SmartSIP™. SmartSIP is based on our patented SIP layer technology and provides a DTMF masking solution for VoIP environments.
We know how important it is for a business to obtain data from its customers and to manage them effectively, so we help small to large companies by integrating their CRM with the Virtual Switchboard.
This type of integration will simplify the work of your team and improve the management performance of the contact list and its information.
PH: +34 952 667 511
NovelVox CTI Connector
NextGen Cisco Finesse, Genesys & Avaya Embedded CTI Connectors for Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, ServiceNow, Zendesk & more.
PH: (+1) 301 202 3672